Question- Injured so no exercise but still losing fast?!

Options
I have been addicted to working out since March 2010 and honestly can't go a day without it. Last week I hurt my back while working out. The doc said I can't work out for awhile because I probably herniated my disc and its putting pressure on my siatic nerve to my right leg causing pain there as well. I am still eating healthy.

I had been losing weight at a slower rate because I'm getting closer to my goal weight, maybe a 1/2 lb to 1 lb here and there every week or so. Last Monday my weight was 140.0 lbs. Injured my back last Wednesday so I haven't worked out since then. Monday I weighed in at 139.0 lbs, not out of the ordinary. Since I haven't been able to work out I've been worried I'll gain weight from not being able to move as much, so I've weighed myself a lot! Yesterday weighed myself, and weighed 137.2 lbs! That's two pounds since Monday? Any ideas or explanations on why?

I started Turbo Fire/Chalean Extreme about 6 weeks ago and that's what I've been doing pretty much every morning and night with a rest day here and there or a day where I just work out once. Is it because I've been pushing my body hard and now its finally letting go of the weight? I promise I'm not starving myself, I know I need to get the proper amount of calories for my body to keep my metabolism working right.

It was just a major surpirse and I'm not sure as to why my weight has changed so much this week. Your opinions and ideas will be interesting to read...

Replies

• ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Water weight babe. 3-7 lbs/week. Also, losing weight is 80% diet and only 20% exercise. It is 100% possible to lose weight without working out at all. It is just healthier to do so and allows you to eat more which is where most "dieters" fail. Because they're hungry! Congrats on the loss!!!
  • khollyk
    khollyk Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've always heard that abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym...to echo what the previous poster said. Congrats! And hope your back gets to feeling better soon. :)