Nutritional Yeast

Options
I'm working on getting my 2 Tbsp. of nutritional yeast in daily. I do not like the taste at all, but know I NEED it. Does anybody else take it? If so how do you consume it? Or if you don't take it any ideas? Thanks so much for your help.

Ashley

Replies

• amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    A popcorn sold in my area uses nutritional yeast, dill, salt and pepper and other "spices" for flavor.

I've also sauteed vegetables with garlic and put it on top before, it was pretty good!
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/tasty-breaded-seitan/Detail.aspx

in that recipe the seitan is "breaded" with nutritional yeast and some other spices. i havent tried THIS recipe but i have had seitan breaded this way at a vegan restaurant in my town and it was super yummy.

personally i think it should always be paired with spices so that it isnt the overpowering flavor.
  • mommy2myboy
    Options
    Thanks! I will check into this more!
  • StephanieBFree
    StephanieBFree Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    We were at a friends house several years ago and our host made this amazing popcorn with nutritional yeast. It was just popcorn, butter, salt, dill and nutritional yeast. Our host is a chef from France and he used a lot of butter in it but I am sure there are ways to cut the butter down and still have it taste yummy. Good luck:)