Why did I do it????

Options
My husband and I decided to go out to eat. We weren't sure where we are going and we ended up at a really nice steakhouse. I thought I could make a healthy choice. A small piece of homemade bread, salad and then downhill. We had escargot as an appetizer, followed by chicken wellington with garlic smashed red potatoes. It was delicious. I only had half of the serving of chicken and potatoes, but still it must have been a million calories in especially with the escargot as an appetizer. I had almost 900 calories left but seriously I don't even know how to log what I ate. The worst part is that today was my weigh in and I have been steadily losing weight for the past month since I started. This is the first time since I started that I have really eaten poorly. Back on the wagon tomorrow I guess. Maybe a little extra exercise tomorrow will help. Oh well, I ate slowly and really enjoyed it. I feel like I rewarded myself for doing so good for a month with food. I just don't want to get in that habit. Sorry this is so long, I just have a lot of mixed feelings about the dinner. Thanks for reading!!!!:indifferent:

Replies

• ehorner1976
    ehorner1976 Posts: 147
    Options
    My husband and I decided to go out to eat. We weren't sure where we are going and we ended up at a really nice steakhouse. I thought I could make a healthy choice. A small piece of homemade bread, salad and then downhill. We had escargot as an appetizer, followed by chicken wellington with garlic smashed red potatoes. It was delicious. I only had half of the serving of chicken and potatoes, but still it must have been a million calories in especially with the escargot as an appetizer. I had almost 900 calories left but seriously I don't even know how to log what I ate. The worst part is that today was my weigh in and I have been steadily losing weight for the past month since I started. This is the first time since I started that I have really eaten poorly. Back on the wagon tomorrow I guess. Maybe a little extra exercise tomorrow will help. Oh well, I ate slowly and really enjoyed it. I feel like I rewarded myself for doing so good for a month with food. I just don't want to get in that habit. Sorry this is so long, I just have a lot of mixed feelings about the dinner. Thanks for reading!!!!:indifferent:
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be an enabler, but I think that one bad meal in a month isn't bad at all. In fact, I've said I'm going to allow myself one bad meal a month. I understand what you mean though, you don't want it to be the beginning of a backslide.....it won't be. Just start fresh tomorrow.:flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Little extra exercise..little extra water...you'll be fine. :wink:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    No guilt. Going a month without cheating is awesome. You can't expect to make a lifestyle change for life and not have a day here and there that are not so perfect days.
    Glad you enjoyed your meal:happy:
  • Jenwoosley
    Jenwoosley Posts: 3
    Options
    yeah you let the guilt get to you then next thing you know you ditch your meal plan for the day then you think " well theres alway monday then monday comes and so on and so on. move on and stay strong. i'm rooting for you!!:smile:
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    it's okay, i fell off the wagon today too!:laugh: i went to a convention that had foods and alcohols from around the world. i ate three spring rolls, i swear a pound and a half of rice noodles, fried apple thingies, and beer!:drinker: then after that, to add insult to injury, we went out for ice cream afterwards! lol and you know what. . . . .it's fine! i had a great time and made sure i had plenty of water to go with it and did lots of walking and exercise the last two days. it'll be fine! hope back on the wagon tomorrow! i hope you enjoyed your dinner with your hubby! and logging, just guestimate and move on!:tongue: here's to having a great time anyways!:drinker:
  • BigCityKittyz
    BigCityKittyz Posts: 378
    Options
    Escargot & garlic mashies! YUMMMMMY! If I go off the wagon for a day...I'm gonna do it in STYLE...just like that!

Consider it a "treat" and 1 meal won't undo your hard work. Hang in there! :flowerforyou:
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    No need to be hard on yourself for having a nice dinner. As long as you're conscious about what you're eating, and not just eating for the sake of eating itself, it's totally OK to have something rich once in a while... and fully enjoy it!

One dinner does not set back a sincere weight loss effort. It's the unconscious habits that hurt us. The things we eat every day as a matter of habit, not the dinner out every month.

It sounds like you're doing great ... 4 weeks on, 1 night off is a wonderful pattern!
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I just got back from a big banquet dinner and finally gave up logging in all my food! Tommorrow is another day! Thanks for sharing - I can relate! :smile:
  • mrsksanchez
    mrsksanchez Posts: 64
    Options
    i too confess that i ate shrimp cocktail,muscles marinara,baked ziti,vodka penne,cheese,pepperoni,and carrot cake today 1 day won't kill you o yeah and a 32oz rum and coke i think i went over my 1400 calories:tongue: mango too