I hate counting Calories- any other methods?

Options
124»

Replies

• spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    What helps me not focus on food is to focus on what I want. I chose a person who had a body type similar to mine before I gained the weight, similar frame that I could get back to, etc., and I focused on doing what I knew she did to keep her shape, as well as burning out on cardio to get the initial "too much" weight down.

Really, find a distraction from the math and the holdbacks and look forward toward your goal. Then remember that "doing this is a step toward ___".
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Yes. And none of those methods worked. What's wrong with thinking about what you eat? That's a PLUS for me when I count calories.
  • streamgirl
    streamgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You might also consider whether you were eating enough when you were counting. I did WW briefly and quit because I felt that all I did was think about food all day. In hindsight, I think I was just hungry and not eating enough or eating well. As long as I eat enough and eat well (enough protein, etc.), the tracking itself doesn't make me think of food all day. Do you obsess about food if you are not tracking? If they've always occurred together, you might try to suss out correlation vs. cause-and-effect (did the tracking make you think about food or was it really the associated calorie reductions?)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!