HELP!! I've slacked & I can't get up......

Options
I've fallen off the wagon and find myself trying to accept it. I've got more thought up reasons to avoid the gym than Justin Beiber has fans. I was doing so good.. Gym few times a wk and watching calories. I'm still counting calories -even though I don't finish my calorie count when I go over..ashamed.. :(-

How do u get? Stay? And continue to stay motivated???

Getting back on track, but upset w myself.....

Replies

• LisaKC
    LisaKC Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Quit beating yourself up.
    If you don't want to go to the gym, find something else (DVDs, walking, etc).
    Decide to log all cals for a week, even if you go over. (I struggle with this one, too, but usually after I've logged them, it wasn't as bad as I expected.)
    This is a way of life, not a temporary thing. Don't give yourself permission to jump off the wagon. Whatever you are choosing, whatever habits you are enforcing, will stay with you.
    Keep your chin up. There are plenty of people here to support you. You CAN do this. :flowerforyou:
  • Silvergamma
    Silvergamma Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Letting go of the guilt when I have a bad day has been the hardest part of getting started on this. I think one of the things I'm trying to really embrace is that I get to reset my goal for each day. Each day is an opportunity to get it right. I don't have to wait for January 1st to make the resolution to change my habits today. Own those calories, even the extra ones, and treat today like the new start that it is :).
  • lfinley2010
    lfinley2010 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    get you some leslie sansone videos and do them at home! it easy and only 20 minutes! hope this helps.
  • chelamg12
    chelamg12 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Always remember this is long term and tomorrow is another day!!!!!!! May you continue to have strength!!!!!!
  • LanakilaGirl
    LanakilaGirl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It happens to all of us and we're crazy for thinking that it won't. Don't feel guilty, the guilt comes from hiding "things", whatever those "things" may be. Be honest about it, you're the only one that your hurting by hiding things. Everyone else knows that it's hard and no one is judging you. Accept the rough days and be proud of the good days. Nobody's perfect. . .
  • emmerrs
    emmerrs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I messed up really bad yesterday, and I wasn't going to log in what I had eaten because I didn't want to face what I had done.

But, one of the best parts about MFP, for me anyway, is that it takes away the ability to repress your feelings what you've eaten. You literally SEE what you've done right or wrong.

The tough part though, is once you've seen how many extra calories you've eaten (for example yesterday I went 1200 over my daily goal!! and didnt exercise) you need to use that as motivation. It doesn't make sense to say OMG i ate way too much, I might as well keep eating that much because I'm a failure. That just doesn't make sense.

My outlook for today was that yesterday I did badly, but today I'm going to do better and the next day I'm going to do better, and in the long run that one day of excess isn't going to matter.

Most importantly, as icky as it might make you feel, force yourself to write down EVERYTHING you eat, healthy or not.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    It is hard. I think we all struggle at times, its ok as long as we dont slip back into our old lifestyle. Find something to do to break up the same old thing. Maybe go for a hike, dvd, bike ride, play the wii, anything to get moving. Maybe put on some music and dance around. ( I need to follow my own advice here). And try to log even if you go over Sometimes looking at success stories , watching the biggest loser or reading a weightloss book or magazine helps me to get back in the game. Hang in there, you can do it
  • Lugenna
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I enjoy the gym once I get there. I just made excuses not to go. I needed some pep talk... And u gave it to me!!!!