What Wii Games help you lose weight?

Options
I'm looking for some suggestions for some Wii workout/Dance games that you have been successful with! Please let me know! :smile:

Replies

• Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    OMG get the Just Dance 2 game by Wii!!!! I do it at least twice a week because it is SOOOOO FUN!!!!! I will dance for over an hour and it feels like I have been dancing for only 15 minutes! It's great and a GREAT burn!
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I don't have experience with it helping with weight loss, but I just bought Just Dance 2 and my daughter and I have a blast doing it. I used my heart rate monitor and tracked the calories burned. It was a good burn if you really put effort into it and don't mind looking like a dancing fool!
    Risa
  • JaymeQ
    JaymeQ Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I found the Just Dance 2 to be really difficult. I've heard raves about the Zumba for the Wii though....that is the next one I want to buy
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    The Zumba dance game got rave reviews. I tried it for the first time last night and am undecided. There are a lot of things that I enjoyed about it and it WAS a good calorie burn.

Charmagne
  • Liivii
    Liivii Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have a wii fit and there is strength training, Cardio, and fat burning exercises there is also yoga.
    Then I have the biggest loser for wii and that ones pretty good too. There are tons of wii games specifically for working out. :)
    Dancing for five minutes burns Thirteen calories on the wii dance on wii fit :)
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    do you have to have the wii fit board to do these?
  • Liivii
    Liivii Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The wii fit you need the wii bored because it weighs you and measures your stability and such. I think the biggest loser can be used with or without the board.
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I use the Wii Fit and it has definitely helped. I actually don't even have a real scale- just the game! LOL. With the workouts, you get out of it what you put into it I think. It is easy to put in only a little bit of effort, and if you do, you won't burn as much, obviously.
  • CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about Just Dance 2 & Zumba but have heard good and bad things about both. I will have to try them to find out!

I had a Wii fit w/ balance board & biggest loser game but sold it during my "i dont have time to workout" period :sad: . Boy do I regret that now!!

Thanks for all the ideas! I will post on which game best worked for me! I'm a horrible dancer but I will make the best of it!
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    I have Wii-Fit which definitely gives a good amount of exercises. But I got bored of it.
    So far Just Dance 2 has been awesome and gives me an amazing burn (200 calories in a half hour).
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Ive had success with both Wifit and Jilliam Michaels 2009. Im looking to get Biggest Loser and now that I see they have a Zumba I will prolly get that.
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    As far as the Wii goes I really liked the EA Sports Active, but even on hard days I didn't feel much like I had worked out. I recently started using the kinect for the Xbox instead and I don't even do the workout games, just the fun games... 2 days later and I'm still sore. :)
  • Boopa
    Boopa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the wii ea-active, the wii fit plus(requires a balance board) and have been looking at purchasing the zumba or the just dance. they look to be a lot of fun. I don't know if they help lose weight..but they help get you moving! :)
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    No wii fit board needed for Just Dance or Zumba. Only the wiimote. Zumba comes with a belt to secure the wiimote to your hips.

Charmagne
  • CassieH818
    Options
    Wow, Charmagne! 92lbs. lost..You go girl!!!!!
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the boxing on the wii fit - that's really good fun
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    ok so I might be dumb but what is the difference between wii fit and wii balance board. All I have is the wii and I want to do some games that don't require addition stuff. On a tight budget.
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have a WII and have been asking for the WII fit forever!! I also have the Jullian Michaels and it's a real good workout. I just need to get back into the game. These days i don't seem to have enough hours in the day.... let alone find time to excercise.... I was walking my two dogs every night and haven't been able to since it's snowed :*( but hoping to get back into it. I know the girls would like that....!!! Keep up the good work everyone!
  • CassieH818
    Options
    Wii fit has some extras to help you work out and stay active. The wii balance board helps you track your weight, balance, ect..

The wii fit w/ balance board can run you up to $100, yikes!

ok so I might be dumb but what is the difference between wii fit and wii balance board. All I have is the wii and I want to do some games that don't require addition stuff. On a tight budget.
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    Wii fit has some extras to help you work out and stay active. The wii balance board helps you track your weight, balance, ect..

The wii fit w/ balance board can run you up to $100, yikes!

so what games can I use with out all that other stuff