Exercise for sore feet?

Options
I suffer from extremley sore feet (all the sole, from heel to toe) with no apparant cause. I've had MRI scan of both feet which came back clear.
Before this started I was doing My Fitness Coach for Wii cardio workouts 45min daily, as well as a 2 mile walk daily. This stopped about 5 weeks ago now and my feet are just getting worse.
I also have a problem lying on my back to do exercise (but again, MRI clear)

I am just wondering what exercise I can do at home that wouldn't affect my feet? I am unemployed due to medical reasons and am broke, so can't afford any home gym equipment or to join a gym. I'm also extremely self concious and really don't want to go swimming (mainly because I'm very short sighted and without glasses can't see a thing but there's the typical paranoid fat person attitude that I shouldn't be seen in a costume).

I do have some kettlebells and a DVD with them. I was just hoping for some cardio?

And as a last note, if anyone has any ideas what I can do to reduce the pain in my feet so I can start walking again, I would be mighty grateful.

Thanks.

Replies

• Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about the cause of your foot pain but I have heel spurs, one in each foot, and I've found pilates can help with the pain. Some body weight or dumbbell exercises can help me feel like I'm at least getting some exercise. If you have access to a stationary bike, or maybe even a regular bike if it wouldn't be too bad, that would let you exercise without putting pressure on the feet. I don't yet have a bike but I'm considering buying one. Check YouTube for videos. Also, if you have On Demand through your TV carrier sometimes there are videos on there. Mine has several pilates videos.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    You tube has tons of videos free. I put a few as shortcuts on my laptop and just open them.

I know you said you can't afford it but if or when you can consider swimming. I am big, my knees are not great and without good shoes my feet hurt. All that being said I swim....it's a great exercise.

Send a friend request with a message if you'd like to.
    :smile:
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    The best way to strengthen your feet is to use a slant board... check out Eric Orton's book, "The Cool Impossible".... I built my own slant board for about $6.00 and and 20 minutes of time.... his routines have strengthened my feet, ankles, knees and hips... I can put 40-45 miles a week running, pain free (relatively speaking...no running is really pain free...lol) and injury free
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    The back problem could be related to the foot problem. The foot problem could be from bad shoes in which case being fitted for better shoes or insoles might help.
  • tenaciousknyx
    tenaciousknyx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I will try to find some pilates videos. I did try starting blogilates but the pain in my back was appalling when I led on the floor.
    I have insoles in all my shoes because I am flat footed and overpronate. Maybe that's why they are so sore but it's strange it started suddenly in both feet.
    I will think about a stationary bike but one that will hold my weight will be very expensive for me.

Thanks guys :)