Struggling through Holiday Season

Options
Hi Everyone,

i was just wondering if anyone had any help to offer me to get me through the Holiday Season. I am doing my best at not indulging in all of the Holiday treats that people seem to be bringing to the office. Does any one have any helpful tips to stay away from all of the treats?

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Take care and have a great day.

Theinchef

Replies

• fushion243
    Options
    I try two things: 1) Remember the effort to lose the weight I've lost and not want to revisit that again. 2) I am constantly telling myself that I like being thin more than eatting. I don't always feel that way. But, I am telling myself that all the time.

One more thing, if you know an event is coming, then workout enough to add significant calories so that some participation can happen. A 1 hour spin class at a gym counts around 1070 calories.
  • aggiemommy
    Options
    I have the same problem! What really hurts me though is that my desk is right by the break room so I can smell everything! Typically what I do is keep a can of lightly salted almonds and will snack on those or small pieces of dark chocolate depending on if I'm craving something sweet or salty. That really helps me out and satisfies the craving. But if someone brings something that I have to have then I get a small portion and then chew a piece of gum afterwards so I won't want anymore. Hope this helps and good luck!
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    My strategy was to set some challenging goals for the end of the year, and to buckle down and focus on my workouts.

Edit:
    Also ... Keep some gum on hand, and try eating healthy snacks periodically though the day. And don't be afraid to tell your co-workers "no thanks" when they offer.

Good luck!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    My goal is to avoid the 'treats' all together on all days but the ACTUAL holidays (Christmas and New Years). If I do indulge before then, I log it.

Charmagne