How many of you have a calorie goal of 1200 or less?

Options
13»

Replies

• loveflowers4
    loveflowers4 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Me too!! I try to eat my BMR ( 1209) I'm short and small boned. Eating Low cal is they only way I lose weight.
  • littlemiss5foot1
    littlemiss5foot1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i have 1200 calorie goel, but struggle to eat 1200 good food worth of calories :(

i really push it, but been slipping up heaps!
  • wearywithchildren
    Options
    I keep it to 1,200 cals/day. Friend me!
  • littlemiss5foot1
    Options
    My goal is 1200, but ever since I started eating healthier (I mostly only eat fruits, veggies, eggs, chicken and rice), I've been finding it really difficult to reach 1200 calories. I have a hard time eating even 1000 calories most days. :'(

ME 2 !!!
  • paw247Pat
    paw247Pat Posts: 30
    Options
    I do, and also do low carb so its easy to keep it at 1200. Sometimes I actually have a hard time getting it to 1200.
  • jules1202
    jules1202 Posts: 65
    Options
    MFP puts me at 1200 but I usually aim for 1150 net. What makes a huge difference for me is focusing on eating filling foods (lean meats, cheese, yogurt, veggies, almonds, high fiber fruit, beans) and drinking plenty of water. Eating this combo keeps me satisfied throughout the day. Complex carbs (fiber/ whole grain), protien, and fat digest slower than simple carbs (like sugar, white flour, or heavily processed foods) so you won't feel hungry again and you won't get that blood sugar drop that drives you to eat again.
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I find it pretty easy to stick to. My diary is open for all to see. I'm lucky to have a treadmill at home. So when I need to earn more calories for dinner, I get working!
  • CHAREZ27
    CHAREZ27 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am right around that calorie intake too and it is difficult. Fortunately, I clean 20 horse stalls a day, so I do burn calories without actually "exercising". But, I go,go,go all day so I am actually allowed more calories. Good thing, because I love my food!! I make a really good potato soup with chicken broth that I get from boiling a rotissery chicken when I am almost done with it. Allows you to add your own sodium level and flavors.
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Oh, and Planters makes these combo packs of nuts that are really good. I now that the "Heart Healthy Mix." They come in a box of 6 packages of 250 calories. 65 mg sodium, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein. I find that the pre-packaged snacks really help with finding enjoyable snacks that keep calories under control. Meijer has some pre-packaged snack paks in the salad area. These really help when you have a desk job and not much time to eat healthy/low cal.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Yup, 1200. Some days I find it easy, others I struggle not to blow the lot on breakfast!
  • Beth_Gorman
    Beth_Gorman Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I do. It's not always easy but I manage. Feel free to add me.:happy:
  • adamsmandie92
    Options
    I would if I didn't exercise so much at work but I still find it hard to keep 1500 calories. I eat so much junk food, it's not even funny, but i have a horrible sweet tooth.
  • pundas
    pundas Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I do too! Its very hard to stay under 1200 calories on days I don't exercise. I do the 30 Day shred because I want to build some strength and it doesn't burn that many calories so I still have to watch myself very closely. Add me :)
  • TanyaGirl76
    TanyaGirl76 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I zig zag but most days I am around 1200 or less....
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    I do and some days come in under.
  • jrlja5
    jrlja5 Posts: 59
    Options
    I do as well. It's not going so bad. I see results.
  • littlemiss5foot1
    Options
    How to u reach 1200 calories?? what foods is everyone eating to get those Calories?
  • determined136
    Options
    I do. It is amazing how much you can eat if it is healthy. I eat a ton of veggies.
  • gaveruz
    gaveruz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Me too! I just joined 5 days ago and I don't even understand yet how the net should work. Add me as a friend (don't know how yet!) whomever wants to so we can share diaries and ideas.

Interested on knowing if you have a "free day" or "free meal" and how high (if any) you go those days! :-)
  • Nette_54
    Nette_54 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    1200 calories or less is too little, your metabolism will slow right down and it will take longer to lose the weight if at all, I was 1200 calories for several years if not less and I saw a dietitian and she said I wasn't eating enough food so my body was in starvation mode. I joined Curves the ladies gym and they told me I should be around 1500 calories a day and some time drop down to 1200 and other weeks go up to 2000 calories for a couple of weeks so it shakes up my metabolism and it is working, I have now lost 28 lbs and still losing