Healthy foods?

Options
So today I ate a chicken cutlet sandwich with cheese and potatoes. In reality, how bad is that for you?
It doesn't seem too bad to me but at the same time it does because the chicken was like fried?
I am trying to eat healthy but I don't know what direction to go. Any tips?
What does everyone else eat that's good and healthy for you?

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    If that was all you ate, ever, then it's not good because you're missing vital nutrients. Try looking at your diet as a whole and not individual items.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    It depends on the way if fits into your calories/macros budget. Invest some time in learning about foods, nutrition, health, and weight management. This will assist you in deciding which foods will best help you reach your health goals. Personally, I love fried chicken.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    No food is bad for you, it's about total diet. So don't be afraid to eat foods you love and enjoy otherwise you can end up having an ED. Aim to get nutrient dense foods 80-90% of the time and then add in the other foods as you can. Look at my diary and you will see all kinds of good stuff.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    If that was all you ate, ever, then it's not good because you're missing vital nutrients. Try looking at your diet as a whole and not individual items.

This
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

This.

As for your meal, it sounds like it was quite high in calories, although that's for you to figure out. That doesn't necessarily make it unhealthy, but it might be a reason it's harder to make fit.

Are you logging your food? If you are, you will learn a lot about choosing foods that both fit your goals and make you feel satisfied.

For me it's easier to think in terms of what nutritional needs my food should meet--getting enough vegetables and other sources of micronutrients, enough protein, fiber, so on, and then if I'm comfortable that's satisfied or will be in the course of the day fitting in some other foods that I enjoy (I enjoy everything I eat) within my overall calories.
  • Quietstrm27
    Quietstrm27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    All things in moderation.

You can make swaps to make your meals better overall. Choose more baked items instead of fried, skip the cheese etc. Add in some veggies.