NSV - the pants dropper

Wookinpanub
Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
Played golf on Sunday and when I got back home I took my belt off at the top of the stairs and continued to walk to my bedroom. By the time I reached my bedroom just a few steps away, my shorts were around my ankles. All my size 40 shorts are now pretty much un-wearable and I only have one pair of older, not as nice 38s which are even loose on me.

I desperately need to buy new clothes but finances are very tight right now. We had an emergency repair in my house that was very expensive.

Replies

• CanadaChick74
    CanadaChick74 Posts: 59 Member
    That's great! Buy used, until you are where you want.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,007 Member
    Lucky it was at home and not on the 18th hole. Awesome nsv. I agree with buy used. Thrift store shopping is the way to go.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,902 Member
    Alterations done at a tailor (also some dry cleaners) could be an alternative. Your local dry cleaner should at least be able to recommend a local seamstress or tailor.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Great NSV! My pants are on the verge of falling down, so I've been spending a decent amount of time at my local thrift shops stocking up on new smaller pants, a pair at my Goodwill is anywhere from $3-$5, it takes a few trips and a lot of looking to find enough that look good and are my style, but worth the money saving and fitting clothing!
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Love it!
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Congrats on the pants dropping!! And as far as buying newer clothes, as others have said, buy used!! Honestly, I have been buying at places like thrift stores and yard sales, I will buy some that are my size or even a size smaller if I can find them and I have the cash. This summer I bought stuff for fall that people were getting rid of, even though I won't be able to wear them for a few months, I know as I lose some weight it will be there for me, plus not to mention some things that I can wear now in the summer. I do admit that once in a while, usually after a goal or rewarding myself for consistently working out, I will splurge on a top or bottom, but not a whole wardrobe. I think this summer I've spent total of about $20 on clothes and I've purchased a sun dress, 4 exercise tops, 2 exercise bottoms, 2 shorts, 2 sweaters, 2 button down Ts, 2 pants, 1 capris, 3 tank tops and 2 T shirts. Between what I already had that looked decent still and these purchases at yard sales/thrift stores, I made it through the whole summer. I did splurge and buy a nice top when I got back on my weight loss wagon and rewarded myself for working out regularly and that 1 top cost me more than all the items I mentioned above at 19.99 plus tax. ;) Of course, I don't work in an office so that really cuts down my need for more nicer clothing, but I'm there are options! :)

Congrats again on being the pants dropper!! :drinker:

Keep up the great work!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,324 Member
    Go to Goodwill and grab youself some 36 pants.. …they have what you need and for cheap. Plus you're helping out a great charity when shopping there…
  • nicoleromine
    nicoleromine Posts: 92 Member
    Congrats!

I had the same experience - unfortunately it was in public! I usually run in the morning at a local track. It was a little cool one morning, so I couldn't wear my normal (and appropriately sized capris). I pulled out an old pair of workout pants that used to be tight. They felt a little loose, but they were fine on my walk to the track. However, as soon as I started running, they fell down to my hips. I stopped in shock, and they fell all the way down to my ankles! I handled the situation like a total weirdo by quickly pulling my pants up and clutching them as I ran away.

I don't think I've every felt so much pride and embarrassment at the same time.
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Congratulations! And I am also another vote for thrift shops. I have been getting clothes on Thursday at Goodwill when everything in a certain color tag is $1. I dont want to pay full price for clothes when I still have 45lbs to go.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!