fruit dip

Options
amcmillan730
amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
anyone have a QUICK and EASY and not thate expensive recipe to serve as a dip with fruit???

Replies

• eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    you could try vanilla yogurt?
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    1 tbsp PB2 and 1, 100g container of source/silhouette 35 cal vanilla yogurt. Excellent with apple slices and you get so much more dip for much less calories/fat than a measly tbsp of peanut butter.
  • JillTwiss
    JillTwiss Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the calories, but there's one that's made with marshmallow creme and crushed pineapple and cream cheese that is TO DIE FOR!!!
  • npryor100
    npryor100 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    make a healthy choice, use the yogurt instead of a cream cheese dip.

I always have veggies to dip in hummus or low-cal ranch at parties so there is another low calorie, relatively healthy snacking option (the sugars in fruit add up!)
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    don't know how good it is calorie wise but

8oz cream cheese & small jar of marshmallow fluff.

best dip ever!

or if your a peanut butter/brown sugar fan (warning NOT Calorie friendly)

1 cup peanut butter
    1 cup packed brown sugar
    8oz cream cheese
    1/4 cup milk

beat both recipies until smooth and enjoy. I personally hate the peanut butter one but my dad and husband will sell their souls for it specially if i add the 1/4-1/2 cup more of brown sugar that i know they like. I hate brown sugar ICK.

the cream cheese one is my favorite, i love it on apples!
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    i could do veggies too. thats true! hmmmm... decisions decisions.
  • JillTwiss
    Options
    I don't know about the calories, but there's one that's made with marshmallow creme and crushed pineapple and cream cheese that is TO DIE FOR!!!
    I just entered the cream cheese dip into the calculator. I used fat-free cream cheese and no-sugar-added pineapple (1 jar marshmallow creme, 8 oz cream cheese, one cup crushed pineapple) and it comes out to somewhere between 70-80 tablespoons. At 70 servings, it's only 21 calories per tablespoon. Yogurt would be much less I'm sure, but this still isn't too terribly bad as long as you can control yourself. Problem is, it's so good I'd have a hard time stopping at a couple tablespoons. :wink:
  • JillTwiss
    Options
    don't know how good it is calorie wise but

8oz cream cheese & small jar of marshmallow fluff.

best dip ever!

the cream cheese one is my favorite, i love it on apples!
    Ditto! It is soooo good, with or without the crushed pineapple.
  • LaSirena29
    Options
    1 container sugar free cool whip
    6 oz. fat free plain yogurt (I use Greek yogurt)
    1/2C fat free raspberry vinaigrette

Mix together, best if you make it at least a few hours before. The cool whip is sweet, the vinaigrette gives it a bit of tang and the yogurt gives it good body. A 2 tablespoon serving has about 30 calories, depending on the brands you buy.
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I just entered the cream cheese dip into the calculator. I used fat-free cream cheese and no-sugar-added pineapple (1 jar marshmallow creme, 8 oz cream cheese, one cup crushed pineapple) and it comes out to somewhere between 70-80 tablespoons. At 70 servings, it's only 21 calories per tablespoon. Yogurt would be much less I'm sure, but this still isn't too terribly bad as long as you can control yourself. Problem is, it's so good I'd have a hard time stopping at a couple tablespoons. :wink:

I do cream cheese, marshmallow creme and about a 1/4 of a small package of jello (I use strawberry, it's VERY tasty!) Good to know the cals with healthier versions.
  • MrsChasteen
    MrsChasteen Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I used to work at a bed and breakfast and we made a fruit salad with vanilla activia (it has the best flavor!) and a hint of lemon curd. It was to die for! The curd is sugary, but there is only a touch of it.
  • JillTwiss
    Options
    I used to work at a bed and breakfast and we made a fruit salad with vanilla activia (it has the best flavor!) and a hint of lemon curd. It was to die for! The curd is sugary, but there is only a touch of it.
    That sounds so good!