some advice on my routine

Options
So after about a month now of experimenting on what diet and workout routine best fits my lifestyle / body type I think I have found my sweet spot! As far as diet it seems carb cyling works best having 2 days of high carbs, 2 days of moderate carbs, and 3 days of low carbs.

On days i have high carbs I lift heavy weights twice a week with low reps, which is usually Monday and Friday. I alternate between weeks on what part of the body i focus on for the heavy lifting days. Week 1 and week 3 is full upper body on Monday and friday. On Wednesday's its lower body circuits with low weights and high reps. Week 2 and week 4 is is lower body workouts on monday and friday with heavy weight and low reps. On Wednesdays it is upper body circuits with high reps low weight. On my heavy lifting days, after lifting I usually do 10 - 15 minutes of of HIIT on the treadmill.

Wednesday, the days i do circuit training, I eat moderate carbs.

Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays I eat low carb and focus just on cardio for those days. Usually 60 minutes of jogging / walking. A lot of times walking on an incline.

Sundays is my rest day. I usually do yoga in the morning and eat moderate carbs or use this day as a cheat day.

Looking for input on this routine. has anyone done or do anything similar and is this a good path to be on? I look forward to the input!

Replies

• crunchienugget
    crunchienugget Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    when you say high/moderate/low cabs what do you mean? I have a real problem with carbs-most days its about 60% of what i eat, and while im trying to cut back i find it very difficult.

Can you give me some idea as to what you eating on your moderate/low days?
  • Ryandecheney314
    Ryandecheney314 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    when you say high/moderate/low cabs what do you mean? I have a real problem with carbs-most days its about 60% of what i eat, and while im trying to cut back i find it very difficult.

Can you give me some idea as to what you eating on your moderate/low days?

I keep an open diary so feel free to check it out. But to answer your question. on low carb days i try to stay under 50g, on moderate days I like to be around 100g - 150g, and on high days I like to be 250+

I havnt gotten it down perfectly yet on what foods are best to eat, because typically on high card days you want to keep fat content lower and on low carb days you want your fat content higher. So I am still experimenting a little in that aspect. On low carb days eggs and egg whites will be your best friend along with some protein powder. Greens high in fiber mixed with chicken and stir fry sauce or some kind of marinade sauce (low in sugar) are great meals as well.

On moderate days I try to eat all my carbs in the morning and a little with lunch. usually oatmeal, a whole banana with peanut butter, extra piece of toast for my post-workout meal, and maybe a little rice for lunch.

On high carbs I really take advantage of eating good! potatoes, Brown rice, some whole wheat pasta, and oatmeal.
  • AJeffRobinson
    Options
    Calculate your calorie deficit and according to that make your daily routine diet plan. Along with your dietary plan, do regular workout, that will help your body fit.