MFP daily calorie goal doesn't sync with current weight.

Options
Not to be a party pooper here, its nice to stick to the same daily calorie goal for a while. But I just noticed that it doesn't sync with the current weight automatically. So it could be one of many reasons if someone gets frustrated by hitting a plateau eventually.
If you had the same calorie goal for a while but your weight has lowered some pounds, try to temporarily change your target goal to "maintain my current weight" and then back to your previous setting.
You will see that your daily calorie goal is now lower. For me at least, it cut 30 calories after 2 weeks.
Again sorry to be a party pooper. That might make a few people sad. :)

Replies

• bstoudt369
    bstoudt369 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    In my experience, about every 10 pounds lost, MFP prompts you to reset your goals and adjusts your calories accordingly.
  • michikade
    michikade Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    MFP will not give a goal lower than 1200 Calories / day so there's a fair chance that adjustments won't be made for anyone with 1200 Calories as a starting point.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    In my experience, about every 10 pounds lost, MFP prompts you to reset your goals and adjusts your calories accordingly.

This, although you can say no. (And as stated above, if you are at 1200, that's that.)

Another thing to do is check over at your goals and see what it has your weekly loss rate down as. It will go down as your weight does until you readjust.