Fitbit & cardio log

Options
I have my Fitbit linked to My Fitness Pal, and I am wondering if I am supposed to add my elliptical workouts as cardio exercise on My Fitness Pal. Some people have reported that their Fitbit does not log their elliptical steps, but I have a Fitbit One, (which I wear at the center front of my bra,) and it logs every step I take on the elliptical without fail. I do the elliptical 4 times a day at 40 minutes each time (5000 steps each session) so it makes a huge difference in my calorie allotment. I want to make sure I am doing this right. I don't want the steps counting twice, but I don't want to leave them out and be way under my appropriate calories.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You can do this 2 ways.
    1. Dont log the exercise and let fitbit log it for you, then it will just be part of your fitbit daily adjustment.
    2. If you really want to see the exercise you did pup up on your newsfeed then log it but make sure you set the TIME of your exercise correctly. That way when fitbit syncs it will see you already logged all the steps from that block of time and not double count the exercise. To double check and make sure you did it right, at the end of the day check you calories burned that day, your MFP goal should be that number - your daily deficit.
  • K_L_S
    K_L_S Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks!