I eat like *kitten*!

Options
2»

Replies

• mmorgan916
    Options
    I eat horribly I work in a diner where everything is amazing and at arms reach and I xant control myself around any food does anyone have advice im gaining weight by the seconds
  • iamhoda
    iamhoda Posts: 3
    Options
    the tastiest food is the worst kind of food but YUM

been a big girl all my life and had horrible times with dieting and exercise. i would lose like 10kg max (22lbs) and then gain it back. i only started seriously losing weight recently when i started "dieting" my way. no exercise, i eat all the tasty crap whenever i want and most importantly, NO DEADLINE. been doing really well so far :D

i'm super lazy and hate to move but i'm talking leisurely walks now because i'm bored, but knowing myself that won't last too long lol

please don't brand me as a bad example of success!!! i explain the "best weight loss plan of all time" here >>> http://tinyurl.com/o7e7ca2
  • cdl42
    cdl42 Posts: 41
    Options
    Don't eat and regret, eat in moderation. I eat crap too, just not as much as I used to and have lost 25 lbs. It can be done. Start logging it, you will be able to see how much you can and can't eat. Just eat normal for the first week, see where you can make changes and start tweeking that diet with smaller portions and acceptable substitues (protein bars instead of cookies). Again. It can be done. Good luck!
    This is such a great answer. Well said and best wishes on doing what you need to lose the weight. :drinker:
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Well there is your problem, stop labeling food into categories of good vs. bad and eat a diet that will sustain your calorie goals and macros and work in those foods you like... Who doesn't like Pizza??? lol Best of Luck
  • KrazyFluffy
    KrazyFluffy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I eat great foods! they also include pizza and other "junk" foods....

portion control and eating meals at set intervals is my kicker.. I work shift work that rotates from days and nights. Plus downtime where i am sitting most of the day reading stuff for my position with others....

All i can suggest from my experience is to eat all this awesome stuff in moderation and not lie about it on your food log. Ive done that once or twice and its only hurting me.

Moderation is the key! or so ive been told.. lol
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP and for the first time I am keeping track of food as well as exercise. I am a horrible eater and always seem to make excuses for why I eat junk instead of good stuff. Committed to the exercise part but need to get the eating under control

My office mates always have candy jars, bring cookies, or have other crap to eat and I always regret it after I eat it. Same with pizza I eat and then regret. Sucks

Anyone else have this issue?

Jeff

You are in control of your own actions and you don't have to eat candy and pizza if you don't want to. There's generally nothing wrong with those foods, but personally I'm not going to eat a bunch of pizza and donuts when trying to drop weight because they're simply not satiating enough to fit into my calories. But if you want it, fit it into your calories and then eat it, and stand by your decision without any regret afterwards. If you don't want to eat it, then don't and internally flex your willpower muscles. But either way take control and stop acting as if food is controlling you.
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I used to eat crap too, always thought eh, it's not affecting me.....until I started feeling horrible and found out I had fatty liver disease. That was a wake up call for me and it was what it took for me to finally start eating healthy. You've heard it said ' you are what you eat' well it's true. You might lose weight on a 1200 calorie diet of candy, donuts, soda and chips but it wreaks havoc on your body but it's just not good for you and it WILL catch up with you someday. Eat fresh fruits, veggies, lean protein. Do yourself a huge favor and start taking care of yourself, it starts with eating healthy. I've lost 20pds in the past two months and no more pain in the liver area, so much more energy and a feeling of well being, I did it by cutting out the crap, my body is thanking me.

Good for you. And, I agree. I know now that calories are not created equal.

It took me the hard way to figure it out. In fact today, I had frozen pizza and my stomach is killing me. Wasted calories. The more I get used to less processed and sugary foods the better I feel, the harder I exercise, and the less cravings I have. I'm averaging 2 pounds a week when I stick to it.

Moderation is fine for those it works for. But, if I want to lose weight, feel better, then I know it means using my calories wisely to feel full and fuel my body. But, that's just me.
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to always eat junk. I work in a family owned restaurant, so I'm surrounded by free delicious food. I know it sounds repetitive, but you have to make a lifestyle change and practice self control.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    This is really great guide to filling out your diary, and also allowing for things like ice cream, or pizza, or ice cream. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/925464-fitting-it-in-giggity
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Well there is your problem, stop labeling food into categories of good vs. bad and eat a diet that will sustain your calorie goals and macros and work in those foods you like... Who doesn't like Pizza??? lol Best of Luck
    This.