The Strain on FX

Options
jasonmh630
jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
Has anyone else been watching The Strain on FX?

Replies

• Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Right here. Good show, creepy.
  • tucky3203
    tucky3203 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Me too! I think it is pretty cool. The upcoming episodes look intense.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    My husband watches this. What on EARTH is going on? I don't get it, it's weird, lol! Not my thing at all, but I laughed when a week or more ago, when the guy was "transforming" and his thingy fell off in the toilet when he was peeing :laugh:
  • TFaustino67
    TFaustino67 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    tried; thought episode revealed too much..might give it another shot though

Last Ship is okay too
  • let1179
    let1179 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Haven't hear of it, but I do like creepy. What's it about?
  • jasonmh630
    Options
    No kidding! I like how Guerllimo Del Toro made the vampires look more "biological", rather than the typical "cape and slicked back hair" vampires that make up the traditional folklore. To me, the vampires in this show are how they SHOULD be portrayed.
  • jasonmh630
    Options
    My husband watches this. What on EARTH is going on? I don't get it, it's weird, lol! Not my thing at all, but I laughed when a week or more ago, when the guy was "transforming" and his thingy fell off in the toilet when he was peeing :laugh:

I had an "Oh sh**!" moment there too. :noway:
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Yes. Although haven't seen the last episode yet. Good stuff.
  • jasonmh630
    Options
    Yes. Although haven't seen the last episode yet. Good stuff.

Hopefully, we won't ruin it for you then. It's getting pretty intense. ;)
  • wisapooh81
    wisapooh81 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are watching this show! We like it so far, definitely creepy!
  • dannyxtyler
    dannyxtyler Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I'm going to have to check it out!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options

I had an "Oh sh**!" moment there too. :noway:

i'm enjoying it, seems a pretty stright forward story line though. 'the left overs' has me scratching my head a bit
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    herm- new weird sci-fi type show to watch.. sign me up!!!

I've been marathoning my way through Fringe- weird- and very odd ball House cross with X Files. Kind of liking the over acting and weird cases.

Shrug- I have no shame- I'll watch anything as long as it isn't Hitchcock style scary- that stuff has to be on a case by case basis. Like it but I have paranoia issues.

Weird is fine though.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    pumped about the upcoming syfy zombie series

odd that i didn't identify them as vampires in the Strain. and for some reason still have a problem with that designation even though they obviously do fit the profile.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Yup
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I thought the first episode was just meh. It seemed to much like a direct rip off of Bram Stoker substituting a plane to NY for a ship to England. I like where it's gone since then. My favourite character to date is the Russian exterminator. I'm interested to see how he fits into the whole story line.
  • jasonmh630
    Options
    herm- new weird sci-fi type show to watch.. sign me up!!!

I've been marathoning my way through Fringe- weird- and very odd ball House cross with X Files. Kind of liking the over acting and weird cases.

Shrug- I have no shame- I'll watch anything as long as it isn't Hitchcock style scary- that stuff has to be on a case by case basis. Like it but I have paranoia issues.

Weird is fine though.

I was a total Fringe-head when it aired... one of my top 5 sci-fi shows ever.
  • jasonmh630
    Options
    I thought the first episode was just meh. It seemed to much like a direct rip off of Bram Stoker substituting a plane to NY for a ship to England. I like where it's gone since then. My favourite character to date is the Russian exterminator. I'm interested to see how he fits into the whole story line.

Yeah, same here. Kevin Durand is an underrated actor.
  • jasonmh630
    Options
    pumped about the upcoming syfy zombie series

odd that i didn't identify them as vampires in the Strain. and for some reason still have a problem with that designation even though they obviously do fit the profile.

I read an article with Del Toro and he said he wanted the vampires to have more of a biological anatomy, instead of what we typically see with vampires. In a way, these things remind me of a creepier version of the old horror movie vampire, Nasferatu.