Flu Shots

WalkingGirl1985
WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,046 Member
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
I just got mine today..shot didnt hurt but the after effects did. Just feel it all throughout my arm. :cry:

Replies

• MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,271 Member
    I never get the flu shot and never have. I must be immune.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    I always get that "icky fluish" feeling after I get mine, but feel just fine the next day. :)
  • CharityD
    CharityD Posts: 193
    One word for ya-Advil!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    One word for ya-Advil!

Yep. Actually, it's good if you can take a dose BEFORE getting the shot, but if not, definitely until you feel better. Sorry you're uncomfortable. :ohwell:
  • OGFleabag
    OGFleabag Posts: 137 Member
    I thought this years was worse with the combined H1N1 and flu. made me feel yuck and my arm hurt too.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    I didn't have the flu shot this year, hope I don't regret it but I refuse to have the experimental H1N1 part of it that comes with it in the UK. Its not tested, and i'm no guinea pig
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    I don't get flu shots and neither do my kids. When I worked for surgeons the whole office got flu shots, and the two years I got them were the two years I actually got the flu. They were the only times, besides a couple times as a kid, that I have ever gotten the flu.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    I didn't have the flu shot this year, hope I don't regret it but I refuse to have the experimental H1N1 part of it that comes with it in the UK. Its not tested, and i'm no guinea pig

H1N1 really isn't any more "dangerous" than the "regular" flu anyway. There's really no reason to get flu shots. There are so many things you can do to strengthen your immune system naturally.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,760 Member
    I get it every year and my arm hurts for about 3 days after. But I never get the flu, so in my head it all evens out! :laugh:
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    I can handle the flu, feeling sick for a few days, no work (!). I prefer not to get the shot. Never had the shot, and I've only gotten the flu once....

If they had a shot for strep throat, I'd get that. I had it twice in 2010!!!!
  • Last year the broad that gave me my shot didn't know what she was doing and struck a nerve. It felt like an electric fence running through the inside of my arm.

However, I still get flu shots every year, and I will do so again this year. The hospital I work for requires them, otherwise you have to wear a mask to work every day.
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    No flu shots for me.
  • There are alllll different reasons and thoughts about the flu shot. But I had two BAD cases of the flu in the last 15 yrs, one was last year three months after I got the flu shot. So obviously I caught a different strain of the flu. They cannot protect you from every germ out there. But I feel like why take the chance? Yes I got my flu shot and my pneumonia vaccine is up to date too. Believe me , I have been a RN for over thirty years and people of all ages die from the flu. So again I ask you why take the chance?. Take some Advil, if your arm really hurts put an ice pack one it.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member

H1N1 really isn't any more "dangerous" than the "regular" flu anyway. There's really no reason to get flu shots. There are so many things you can do to strengthen your immune system naturally.

I have severe uncontrolled asthma and moderate to severe emphysema...not just a simple case of boosting my immunity
  • pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Had the flu shot the 1st week of Nov, no sore arm or any other problem. I get one every year.
This discussion has been closed.