Family Affair

Options
Anyone else enjoy getting your family involved with your fitness goals? I have really enjoyed having my wife and kids getting invovled. As parents and significant others it's really important to set a good example. Was great watching my 7yr old step daughter doing push ups with me last night and asking if she could go to the gym with me. If you don't have the support at home it makes it really hard to succeed.

Replies

• leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    My sons started running with me long, long ago and they still do it. Oldest is military and is super fit. Youngest is a junior in high school and runs XC and track. So long as you make it fun for them I think they learn life long positive habits :)
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    That's great, love your focus! My older children make it a point to get in some exercise, which I really appreciate about them!!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    My boys bike with me while I run. :)

And I have major support with a healthy diet. My whole family chips in, picking and fixing healthy meals. :)
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Anyone else enjoy getting your family involved with your fitness goals? I have really enjoyed having my wife and kids getting invovled. As parents and significant others it's really important to set a good example. Was great watching my 7yr old step daughter doing push ups with me last night and asking if she could go to the gym with me. If you don't have the support at home it makes it really hard to succeed.

:bigsmile: