Sleep Aids- Need more ideas...

Options
2»

Replies

• ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Try Magnesium Citrate powder (its called "calm") It sounds like a scary weird supplement but its literally just magnesium, a mineral we all need. Look at the amazon reviews it has helped a lot of people with sleep, anxiety, headaches, leg cramps, etc. It could simply be a magnesium deficiency.
  • iifym_girl
    iifym_girl Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your input and ideas! I don't have a TV in my room and don't get to bed until I go to sleep.. I took some Benadryl and hoping it kicks in, in a bit. I'm going to look into changing the lighting on my laptop. I'll also look into magnesium.

Goodnight ya'll & sweet dreams! Hope tonight will be smooth sailing. :)

P.S. I also changed my sheets and washed my comforter today. Fresh sheets is always a plus.
  • itsjustmish
    itsjustmish Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have suffered with sleeping problems for the past 17 years, with it getting progressively worse over the last 3 or 4 years to the point where I was barely getting 2 or 3 hours sleep a night. I tried absolutely everything suggested in this thread, and more, and nothing worked for me.

After gaining some extra weight on holiday I cut back on eating sugary foods (cake, sweets, chocolate, biscuits, etc) to lose the pounds, and after a week or so I started to sleep much better. I didn't really take much notice, because in the past I would have the odd week of really good sleep and then end up back to 2 or 3 hours a night the next week. But after a few weeks of consistantly sleeping well I began to wonder if it was the reduction in my sugar intake that had helped. I've now been sleeping like a 'normal' person (with the exception of a couple of bad nights due to drinking too much caffeine!) for 14 weeks, and literally the only thing that I have changed is the sugar intake. Whether its just coincidence I honestly have no idea, but I just thought I'd mention it incase it helps! Good luck! :)
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Melatonin & ZMA
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    My sleep issues involve me waking every few hours. I've tried various things - doesn't help that I work 7P-7A three nights a week - and have had some luck with lemon balm aka Melissa. I take it in capsule form, it's also able to be a tea, which I don't drink. It's helpful for stress and anxiety so I take it at bedtime. I also sometimes take it before work, it doesn't make you sleepy so you can function.

There's also Somnapure, a combo of several sleep aids rolled into one. That works well too