Yummy Chicken Potato Soup - 201 Calories per Svg

Options
skinnyminnie
skinnyminnie Posts: 95 Member
This does take a bit of work, but it's so good and savory and wonderful. :) Anyway, here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
3 Chicken Breasts
1/2 pkg of Reames Frozen Egg Noodles (approx. 2.5 cups)
1 Pkg of Celery
1/2 Pkg of Baby Carrots
1 Onion
1/2 Pkg of Green Onions
2 Medium Russet Potatoes
8 TB Blue Bonnet Light Spread (or any other kind of butter/margarine that you prefer)
1 C Skim Milk
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
Garlic (to taste)

Fill medium-large pot mostly full of water, add chicken breasts and seasonings. Bring to boil. Cut onion into large wedges and add to boiling pot. Dice celery and carrots and add to pot. Boil all of these together for about an hour. After about an hour, remove chicken breasts from pot. Reduce heat to medium or medium-high. Add skim milk, butter, green onions and more seasonings to taste to broth. Peel and dice potatoes and add to broth. Shred chicken (don't cut) and add back to broth. Let cook together for about 15 more minutes. Pour frozen egg noodles into simmering broth and cook for another 30 minutes together.
Please note that a lot of the broth will evaporate, I added more water as I was cooking it - it just depends on how thick you want the broth.
This makes 10 servings that are approximately 1.5 - 2 cups each. Very thick and filling! And very, very good! Nutrition facts for one serving:

Calories: 201
Fat: 5
Protein: 13
Sugar: 4

Replies

• mandypooh2103
    mandypooh2103 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Thanks I really needed some new ideas!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Sounds really great for a cold day. Never heard of frozen egg noodles but I guess I could use regular if I can't find those.

Thanks
  • jessicalhall85
    Options
    YUMM!!!! sounds delish!!! :D thanks!