Do I Have A Flat Stomach

Options
Hey! I'm 5'8, have a 28'' waist and weight 132?? Do I have a flat stomach or do I need to lose a bit more weight? Im trying to get a complete flat stomach.

GRACIAS

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126278723@N03/14952226046/

Replies

• Alecjmorin1
    Alecjmorin1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Roughly 10 pounds to go
  • karinaxoxokarina
    karinaxoxokarina Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    thank you!
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    You look great and your weight is close to the lower end of the "healthy" range according to the BMI calculator.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools/bmi-calculator
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I suggest strength training and a slight deficit. New Rules Of Lifting for women is a great place to start if you haven't already.
    http://www.amazon.com/The-New-Rules-Lifting-Women/dp/1583333398
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    IDK, do you?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I suggest strength training and a slight deficit. New Rules Of Lifting for women is a great place to start if you haven't already.
    http://www.amazon.com/The-New-Rules-Lifting-Women/dp/1583333398

This. Losing 10 lbs will put you right on the line of underweight.

I'd also recommend Starting Strength as a beginning lifting program, or You Are Your Own Gym if you don't have access to a gym.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    You look great and your weight is close to the lower end of the "healthy" range according to the BMI calculator.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools/bmi-calculator
    I agree. You do not need to lose 10 lbs. Silly first post, there. :grumble:
  • WombatHat42
    WombatHat42 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I would suggest not going by weight at this point and start going by body fat %. You can find trainers that can do this for you or buy a caliper and tape measure and calculate it yourself. If you are about the recommended range, then work on cutting. If you are within normal you should be fine.
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all your progress! That's awesome!!

I don't think you need to lose any more weight.

I'd check out the two stickie threads, "So you want a flat stomach" (or something like that::)
  • yc4king
    yc4king Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yes it's flat, and the waist of your shorts isn't sucking in at all. Perfect weight for you IMO, I think 10lbs more would look better on you than 10lbs less will.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Only when you wear Spanx.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    The guy who said lose 10 lbs is an 18 year old whose avatar is of a woman doing something servile to a man's shoe.

Ignore him. You are fine. If you want to make any other changes, lift weights, don't lose weight.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    The guy who said lose 10 lbs is an 18 year old whose avatar is of a woman doing something servile to a man's shoe.

Ignore him. You are fine. If you want to make any other changes, lift weights, don't lose weight.

Thats Olivia Wilde and Liam Neeson.

OP, lift weights.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options

OP, lift weights.

And stop asking strangers on the internet if your body is good enough yet.
  • karinaxoxokarina
    karinaxoxokarina Posts: 19 Member
    Options

OP, lift weights.

good for you
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I think you look great!!!! Don't lose ten pounds, that's just silly. Think about strength training and don't worry about the number on the scale. You look good already so be proud of yourself!!!
  • kiara1066
    kiara1066 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You don't need to lose more weight just toning up with strength training will help. You look great regardless.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I dunno. Looks fine to me. Not sure what "completely flat" is. My is flat when I suck in a bit and first thing in the morning. After I eat, or if I'm slouching, not so "flat".
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options

OP, lift weights.

good for you

OP, seriously.
    Stop asking people on the internet if youre good enough. Because theee will always be people wwho say you aren't ( like the dude who said to lose 10lbs). You need to be happy with yourself and shape your body for you. Not for anyone else. Especially randos on the internet.