I Made It!

Options
maureak
maureak Posts: 107 Member
Every new eating plan I try falls apart around 6-month point. I get lazy and think "it's ok if I have a burger and fries", only instead of once in a great while, it turns into once a week or twice a week. Then I 'allow' myself to have other things I shouldn't and stop paying attention to what I'm eating. Before you know it, I've gained back everything I lost (and usually more).

I'm now into the 7th month of this food diary and have not once felt like skipping a day of logging my food. Even now that it's December and there are way more temptations than before, I continue to log everything, even party days. I promised myself I would never cheat!

I'm just so happy I made it past 6 months that I had to share! And I'm back to a healthy weight range for the first time in 15 years!

Replies

• maryrshstattoo
    maryrshstattoo Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    WTG! That is a good accomplishment breaking past behaviors is what it is all about. Have a nice Christmas.
  • LanakilaGirl
    LanakilaGirl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That's huge! Good Job!
  • OneFitLady
    OneFitLady Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That is really BIG because our self control and accountability often get confused in this journey. You have found your key to success and that is really BIG. Congratulation!
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    awesome
  • puppysue
    Options
    Awesome!.....
  • alitarose
    alitarose Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I want this to be MY story in 6 months. I'm so happy for you.
  • velazqsa
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! Have a great christmas and keep it up.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Excellent! Thanks for sharing! Very inspiring! I joined in September, I think, but have been 100% honestly logging everything in for about 4 weeks, I love this site and everyone in it! Congratulations on your success
  • maureak
    maureak Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the positive comments. I really believe the difference between my many attempts in the past and my success this time is the ability to get a boost when I need it. Or to offer a word of encouragement to others when they need it.

MFP is a godsend!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!