Do You Get Offended Or Feel Hurt........

Scorpiomom222
Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
when you find out someone has deleted you off of their friend's list? It only bugs me, because it makes me think..... what did I do to make them want to delete me? And then I want to right that wrong.

Replies

• tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    maybe they did it by accident , sorry hun dont let it get to you down!
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    I have absolutely no concern about it whatsoever.

I don't know a single one of you in real life. I don't keep in touch with any of you except through threads or through, minutely, our activity feed. (Not that I'm opposed to it, but I find it harder to bond with people when we're just talking about our weight all of the time ... I don't really know if I have any common interests, really, aside from being more healthy, but we all share that.)

And usually if you do share any of these things, you only get deleted if you and the other person drop out of touch. If you're not in touch with someone at all, why pretend that you're friends?

Even in real life, as soon as I drop out of contact with someone, they are instantly just acquaintances, and while I may be offended if I considered us close, I also think of things as a "life happens" sort of event. I just tried to contact a former roommate to see if she wants to hang out and I haven't heard back from her at all. I'm not offended, even though we used to be BFFs.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I think lots of people delete people that aren't active towards them specifically..not sure. But I won't remove you!! xoxo haha
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Oh GIRL, don't EVEN get me started!!

Are you talking here or on facebook? I had a friend do that COMPLETELY out of the blue..my BEST friend, mind you. I had NO clue what I did, but it MUST have been something for her not to even want to see my face! She is really the only person to have offended and hurt me by deleting me. I think it is ignorant to delete someone you are close to. But maybe, if it's someone you don't know or or don't talk to, then it's not really a huge deal. Every once in a while on Facebook, I clean up my friends list and notice people on there that I haven't talked to in ages, or who don't get on a lot and I delete them. And I've had those people come back and add me again, which of course, I accept! If you want to see my kids and family that much, great! :) But I totally hear ya on wanting to right that wrong. It seems so petty to me that people use deleting you as a way to hurt you. Don't worry, you've got lots of friends on here who love you!! ♥♥♥
  • Scorpiomom222
    I think lots of people delete people that aren't active towards them specifically..not sure. But I won't remove you!! xoxo haha

I'm talking about Facebook. I'm not really concerned about people on here deleting me, unless it's someone I talk to alot, and kinda "know" them.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    You may not have done anything wrong at all; they may simply want a smaller circle of friends and/or those they feel they can relate to the best. Or, like the poster b4 me said, maybe it was an accident. If you did offend them & don't have a clue why, then let them go. If they wanted to confront or question you, they would've. Since they didn't, then don't give them another thought.

That's my 2 cents worth anyway.
  • marchegt
    marchegt Posts: 156 Member
    I actively do a major "sweep" of my FB friends. If i dont talk to them consistently, I delete them. Even people I knew in high school. I just dont see a point keeping them on fb when i dont talk or interact with them. its nothing personal towards them, nothing they have done. Dont worry about.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    No. I don't actually know anyone on here, so I can't take much personally. Many people add on friends after a post or two that they find interesting or similar to their likes, then they might realize that there's really not that much in common, or they have too many friends on their list and it's convoluted, or they just decide to make their own list and diary more private.

I doubt that unfriending on this site in general has anything to do with anything one should be offended by.

Now, Facebook on the other hand. I would be offended if a FRIEND defriended me, but I'm not when an acquaintance or an old school acquaintance does. I also sometimes find it to be somewhat a badge of honor to push certain people to the point of defriending me :laugh: Not my real friends of course, but just people maybe i used to know in HS who now I don't really care less if I know them or not, but several defriended me for subtly annoying them (they are all "super mommies" who annoy the crap out of me, and who also don't really understand sarcasm.... one defriended me because I said I would not be caught dead parking in a "expectant mothers" parking space and that pregnancy is not a disability and I climbed a mountain 7mos preg (true). I was very proud of that defriending! :laugh:)

Side note - I do periodic sweeps of FB as well deleting people I don't actually interact with. Not to mean I don't like them, but I figure I don't need to know if they're at Dairy Queen, and they don't need to know if my son has an ear infection... I added a lot of people up front or as I find them just to see what people are up to (Ok OK to see who got fat and knocked up since high school....) but I don't need to keep up with them day to day.
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    I routinely delete people that haven't logged in for a while. I figure they've quit or lost interest, so I don't see a need to keep them on my friends list.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Thing is..... I would talk to this gal almost daily, and she acted fine towards me. I thought she was cool, and I THOUGHT she thought the same thing about me. Maybe I should let it go, because I have done nothing to this woman and nothing to my knowledge to offend her.
  • redhotsmacker
    redhotsmacker Posts: 227 Member
    Is it possible that they deleted their own account??? I have had a few friends do that....I have no idea why, I think they are just weirdo's! LOL
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Aww, life's too short, I think you're wonderful!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,393 Member
    I see from reading the thread that you were talking about Facebook, but since I've only been on FB since like June this year and have all but dropped off the face of the earth there since I joined MFP, if anyone has deleted me, I have no clue that they did and frankly I don't much care. =)

But on the subject of unfriending here ... I've only done it twice and it was because it turned out that I just didn't click with that person AT ALL. I wondered after I did it if they had any idea or got any sort of notification of it, but wasn't overly concerned. I doubt I meant enough to them that they cared either. Oh, well. <shrug>

But like someone else said earlier, you have nothing to worry about with me either. You're totally one of my top faves here. As laid back & easy going as I am, you'd have to go priiiiiitty far outta your way to tick me off enough before I'd ever wanna quit you. LOL :bigsmile:
  • I had to check to make sure I didn't delete you...LOL
  • Scorpiomom222
    I see from reading the thread that you were talking about Facebook, but since I've only been on FB since like June this year and have all but dropped off the face of the earth there since I joined MFP, if anyone has deleted me, I have no clue that they did and frankly I don't much care. =)

But on the subject of unfriending here ... I've only done it twice and it was because it turned out that I just didn't click with that person AT ALL. I wondered after I did it if they had any idea or got any sort of notification of it, but wasn't overly concerned. I doubt I meant enough to them that they cared either. Oh, well. <shrug>

But like someone else said earlier, you have nothing to worry about with me either. You're totally one of my top faves here. As laid back & easy going as I am, you'd have to go priiiiiitty far outta your way to tick me off enough before I'd ever wanna quit you. LOL :bigsmile:

Dave, I don't think I'd do anything to have people delete me, not on purpose, anyway. I had to delete someone for getting snarky on here on my profile. I did have the decency to tell them that I would be deleting them and why, though.
  • frankborelli
    frankborelli Posts: 218 Member
    eh... I've got FAMILY who won't talk to me and haven't in close to a decade now. There are FAR too many positive people in my life for me to sweat the negative ones...
  • MISTTIMG
    MISTTIMG Posts: 136
    eh... I've got FAMILY who won't talk to me and haven't in close to a decade now. There are FAR too many positive people in my life for me to sweat the negative ones...

2nd that! You can choose your friends but you're stuck with family!
This discussion has been closed.