Polar FT4 HR Monitor Help

Options
I hope this is in the right spot...

I just got a Polar FT4 HR Monitor and am having trouble setting it up. I got the user information in, I messed up date and time and it wont let me edit it, but thats not such a big deal.

How on earth do I get to where it tracks how many calories I've burned? I keep going through the options, but it wont give me any options for tracking calories burned...

And now do I turn it off? I don't want to kill the battery by it being on 24/7

Any help will be SO appreciated. I'm very confused and frustrated and the user manual is not helping at all. Beyond the basic setup, there is nothing!

Replies

• changling82
    changling82 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've got the same model. To use it to track calories burned and your heartrate: wet the strap, attach to chest. Then press the middle right button and it will start showing the heart blinking, then push it again to start it. Once you are in this mode you can scroll between heart rate, calories burned, duration and zone.

Hope this helps.
  • lukybug
    lukybug Posts: 209
    Options
    I've got the same model. To use it to track calories burned and your heartrate: wet the strap, attach to chest. Then press the middle right button and it will start showing the heart blinking, then push it again to start it. Once you are in this mode you can scroll between heart rate, calories burned, duration and zone.

Hope this helps.

I have the same model as well. It doesn't turn off. To help prolong the battery life though, when you are done using, detach the wearlink from the chest strap. Also, once you are done with your workout, press the bottom left button left once to pause and a second time to totally stop. Once you hit that second time, it will display your workout time as well as calories burned. Once you're done with that screen, hit it again and it will take you back to the clock.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!!! That really helped a lot.

Is there any way to change the date and time? It is saying it is about an hour later than it is and that the date is June 2nd. Again, no huge deal, but if there is a way to fix this, it would be nice...lol.
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I was looking at getting this same HRM, do those of you that have used it like it??? I mostly want it to track calories burned. I am going to start Insanity January 1st and want to be able to see what I am burning. Thanks!
  • paulagabay
    Options
    I love it.
  • Bryan190
    Options
    Thanks so much!!! That really helped a lot.

Is there any way to change the date and time? It is saying it is about an hour later than it is and that the date is June 2nd. Again, no huge deal, but if there is a way to fix this, it would be nice...lol.
    See: http://www.polar.fi/e_manuals/FT4/Polar_FT4_user_manual_English/ch05.html#watch_settings
  • ckehoe89
    ckehoe89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have a different model, but I love my HR monitor. It's still a polar model, so they are probably very similar. It's so much more accurate than the machines at the gym, or the one on here. The one on here doesn't base calories on your heart rate. It bases it on height and weight. But a person who is 150 and does a lot of intense working out is going to burn a lot more because their heart rate is elevated, than someone who is 150 and just works out at the min. for the same amount of time. I really enjoy having this!
  • changling82
    changling82 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    to change the time and date go into the settings. You can do it there.

I found the book to be no help at all. I had to sit there for an hour or two just to figure out how to use it and how to change things. I love love love the thing though! It's easy to use now that i've had it for over a month!