Prelogging?

Options
2»

Replies

• Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I pre-log my before workout snack, lunch, and after workout snack. Then when making dinner I log before eating so I know if say I'm only eating 4 oz or 6 oz of chicken, etc. May need to start taking it further myself.
  • CptCappie
    CptCappie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I eat the same lunch monday through friday. I pre-log it and then i only have to worry about two meals. Like a lot of people have said, I also will log things before I eat them, if its putting me over then I wont have it...sometimes, The second cupcake made me eat is last night lol
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I pre log everything on sunday evening, for monday up to friday.
    I'm the one who cooks in the house so i think of what i'll be preparing and look up some recipes.
    Breakfast is mostly the same for the entire week so it's easy to log that too. On sunday i made a batch of bagels, i store them in an air tight container and that's my breakfast for the week :)
    I also plan a snack for the evening when i'm in front of the tv, I'll usually have a chocolate bar or something like that.
    If i'm tempted to make other choiches during the day than my planned snacks for the afternoon, then i'll just think about my evening chocolate bar that is waiting for me and it keeps me from making other bad choiches :)

hehe I know right...that chocolate at night just seems to make other choices so easy to say no to...I do the same thing
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I only log food here, but if I prelog it's usually not the entire day's worth of food, and I might only do it a few times a week. and then the next day I might change most of what I logged anyways: different amounts (I measure by weight, so any prelogging I do is an estimate as to how many grams I'd likely want to eat based on my previous eating habits), different foods entirely.

Usually I'll pre-log breakfast because I almost always eat the same things. I have a breakfast meal set up that's about 2/3rds of my calories for breakfast, and then I'll add more until I read my calories for that meal, adding things I feel I'd like to eat or adding things in to help me reach my protein goals more evenly during the day. If I have any left-overs I will likely pre-log those into my lunch and/or dinner, because I know that that's what I'm most likely going to eat the next day anyways.

I also sometimes prelog calorie-dense foods that I know I want to eat; so junk food. That way I know that if I want to eat one of my donuts, I'll have however many remaining grams of protein, fat, and carbs to work with. I also often prelog my protein powder for workout days.

ETA: I change my meal names in settings so that my 4 meals are labeled with their allotted calories. I'm doing 2100 atm (total calories, not net, for fat loss) so each meal gets 525 calories. Breakfast and lunch are always planned to be within or near that amount (I might go over in breakfast and under in lunch, or vice versa), but my 2 dinners are more loose. I might have one huge dinner or I might have a smaller dinner and then 2 more "meals" into the evening. But I find that just writing in the number of calories for each meal makes pre-logging mostly unnecessary because I don't have any issues with "running out" of calories. Sometimes logging freely means having odd combos but I'm lazy so I'd rather odd combos than prelogging every day.

Sounds very smart logging your meals under calories per.
  • Sharon5913
    Sharon5913 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I had not tried this, but from what others are saying, this is something that may be very beneficial for me. Thanks all for sharing. :flowerforyou:

Sharon