Dennist tomorrow. 3 teeth to be pullled, soft food ideas?

Options
Need some ideas. Anyone?

Replies

• violetpereira
    violetpereira Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Mashed Cauliflower with salt & pepper as per your liking.

All the best at the Dentist's tomorrow!
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, cottage cheese, mashed potato, soup ( not too hot), sugar free jelly/jello. Good luck at the dentist.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Pureed soups (brocolli, kohlrabi).
    Egg dishes - obviously scrambled but also quiche - you can skip the crust if bothers you
    Egg custard (my favorite) and rice pudding
    Creamed spinach
    Sweet potatoes and squash, pureed
    fish chowders
    pulled pork

Basically, you can take any veggie and puree it and either serve it like mashed potatoes (or add it to mash potatoes, sweet potatoes, or squash. OR you can add it to a chicken or milk base and have a soup
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Ice cream
    Snack Pack
    Flan
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Any food + Ninja Blender = soft food.
  • Dofflin
    Dofflin Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Espresso chased with a Peanut butter, banana, berry, oats and honey smoothie.

Edit: cut the coffee actually, it might amplify pain :( p.s. good luck!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Bumble Bee Tuna!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Protein cheesecake (the recipe is on these forums somewhere, look up 'cheesecake morph')
    Mashed potatoes/cauliflower/carrots
    Ground meat
    Pasta
    Protein shakes
    Room temperature blended soup
    Greek yogurt/ricotta
    Sausage
    Pancakes (protein or ricotta)
    Refried beans
    Eggs
    Bread (just not crusty/toast)
    Fruit (just not the kind with seeds)
  • Roxie_64
    Roxie_64 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, bananas(mashed) sweet potatoes...good luck!
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Oh lord!

I'm just lying here after my wisdom tooth extraction today.

Two things I've learned.

1) get proper drugs. I didn't and was crying in agony after the anaesthesia wore off. Here in the uk they let you sort that out yourself.

2) I wish I had eaten a big substantial breakfast and lunch. I'm starving and the smoothies ain't cutting it.

The surgery was amazing though! Very smooth, didn't feel a thing and under sedation so very relaxed, and the whole process was ok.

Not so good without pain relief it must be said!
  • MsBetteDavis
    MsBetteDavis Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    after oral surgery I pretty much just had soup. But I was so drowsy from the medication plus I was eating so little that calories really didn't matter to me.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    After I got my wisdom teeth pulled I lived off these things pretty much:
    -Low sodium v8
    -Cream of Wheat
    -Guacamole
    -Refried Beans
    -Pudding and Ice Cream (arctic zero has 150 calorie pints pretty high in protein, I ate that to help feel full, but I ate a lot of Coconut Milk ice cream by So Delicious as well - has lots of fiber!)
    -Nut Butter
    -Dannon Light & Fit Vanilla Greek/Regular Nonfat Yogurt
    -Scrambled eggs (required more care and time)
    -Cheese

good luck! :)
  • ttcbelieve
    ttcbelieve Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I know this is wrong...but can i say...Ice Cream...Cake :-)
  • keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Oh lord!

I'm just lying here after my wisdom tooth extraction today.

Two things I've learned.

1) get proper drugs. I didn't and was crying in agony after the anaesthesia wore off. Here in the uk they let you sort that out yourself.

2) I wish I had eaten a big substantial breakfast and lunch. I'm starving and the smoothies ain't cutting it.

The surgery was amazing though! Very smooth, didn't feel a thing and under sedation so very relaxed, and the whole process was ok.

Not so good without pain relief it must be said!

I've had my wisdom teeth x-rayed a few times as they aren't fully out (37 years old!), when did they decide to pull yours?.

Seems they prefer to leave them alone if possible.
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Broth. Jello. Maybe popsicles to help with pain. Ice chips.

Good luck. Feel better soon!
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Ef you hav axess to a post ofes u can ordr jelo from Amuson.

Gud luck at the dennist
  • MapDancer
    MapDancer Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I had two teeth out at the periodontist a couple weeks ago. Though I wasn't looking forward to it it wasn't as bad as I imagined - and I have a very colorful imagination!! Only had the areas numbed up and was able to walk out of there. I ate enough at breakfast and lunch to hold me over and had applesauce and yogurt for dinner. Don't expect to use a straw - sucking is not good for healing.
    Hold off on any exercise for at least 24 hours - and that includes housework ;)
    I sat around with my dogs and watched Korean dramas for the rest of the evening. Very relaxing!
  • _shannon92
    _shannon92 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just had my wisdom teeth pulled last week. I ate applesauce, jello, pudding, and soup mostly.
  • IndyAmby
    Options
    I can't see what your typical diet is so I'll just go off what I do.

I am currently recovering from a single extraction that I had last Thursday. My diet suggestion isn't just soft, but warm and soft. My teeth are very sensitive to cold (although not as bad since the one was removed).

Steamed vegetables: Broccoli, baby carrots, cauliflower. Let them cool slightly before enjoying...too much hot food isn't good.

Fat Free pudding or yogurt. I like the Hunts pudding snacks because they are easy to journal, provide a calcium serving and are room temp.

Soft breakfast food such as cream of wheat or oatmeal provide fiber and protein.

Watermelon and Cantaloupe (seeds removed first) are easy to chew if you cut them in bite sizes first. Banana (freckled is ripe and tasty but not spoiled)

Other cooked vegetables to enjoy: Green beans, steamed cabbage, summer squash (I like mine sauteed with lots of garlic and a little olive oil), Baked potato.

You don't have to puree your food...just only eat soft foods or cook them just enough to be softer.