Trouble Eating Enough Calories

Options
Is anybody else having a hard time reaching their calorie goal? Mine started at 1520. Since I have lost 10 pounds, it went down to 1480 calories today, and I still had over 350 left! Then I get the message that I'm not eating enough calories and could be putting my body in starvation mode. Since I recently had heel surgery, I'm not even able to work out right now, so I know I will have a hard time if I add working out in to the mix. Any suggestions??

Replies

• ziggythecat
    ziggythecat Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. My goal started at a little over 2200 and I felt like I was over doing it trying to get close. I'm gradually lowering my goal, at 2100 now but still after eating enough to keep me from being hungry I still only hit about 1500. I figure it's a good thing at this point.
  • Tabs_A
    Tabs_A Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Drink some calories! Juice,chocolate milk etc can help you get more calories without having to eat more. Good luck!
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Or just a handful of almonds! amazing for you and high in calories :] thats what I do
  • kleeper80
    kleeper80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions! :-). I'm new to this, so I'm trying to learn so that I can be successful!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Add them in slowly. When I first started I was in starvation mode and had a very hard time eating enough. Try drinking juice or protein shakes, and eating calorie dense foods. Salad dressing and cheese are full of calories!
  • size08
    size08 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I believe you should eat to live not live to eat. if your not hungry well then don't eat. if your still standing and alive your O.K! I've been under my calorie goal ever since I started, I'm comfortable, I've always got energy thanks to MFP for their very helpful tools. keeping as close as possible to what and how many "grams" of food I should be consuming.:smile:
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Try supplementing with a protein shake or add more good fats to your diet (nuts/avocados/olives/eggs). :smile: