why can you? =)

Options
Some men have thousands of reasons why they cannot do what they want to, when all they need is one reason why they can.
- Willis Whitney

What is your one reason why you can?

Replies

• louloup
    louloup Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    because
    1. I have finally realised I can be a bit selfish and put myself first.
    2. I now know its all in the mind and if I think I can do it then I can.
    3. I can still have treats with my family but keep on track.
    4. I want it more now than ever :)
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I can because I can.

Ok that doesn't make since but when I started I was almost 400 pounds, and altough I was/am in relatively good health, I know it was just a matter of time before I got healthy related issues that would make it harder or even impossible to loose weight.

So (1) I needed a new project and I agree with the above poster, it was time to make myself a priority and (2) I need to do this because it was only going to get harder the more I left it unchecked. (3) it breaks my heart when I see my kids now in the obese catagory. I don't want them to have the life I did. And I would never tell them they were fat or needed to loose weight but as I do this for myself, I know there will be less junk in the house, more healthy meals, I will be more active and hopefully all of that will lead to everyone in the house being more healthy.

Thank you for the reminder on why I am doing this.

- Eva
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I still ask myself this question about every other day ... and I still don't know the answer.

All I do know, is that I don't want it to end. I don't ever want to go back. And so ... I keep pushing forward.