mum23
mum23 Posts: 248 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
what exercises can i do to get rid?
i hate my legs cause of it.

Replies

• jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 412 Member
    u just have to keep doing cardio, it took awhile to get like that. keep exercising and stick with it, drink lots of water too. good luck
  • Calorie deficit to lose weight, cardio to burn calories directly. That's the only thing that's going to help. The fat will come off as long as you follow those two key pillars.
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    The weight I gained was primarily on my hips and thighs also. I started with just walking about 4 miles a day (2 in the morning and 2 at night after work). I started out wearing a size 16 pants, today I wear a size 4 and weigh in at 140.6 lbs at 5'6" tall. Just keep doing the exercise - walking, stationary bike, any kind of cardio to get that heart going and burn calories. Also recommend some kind of strength training or circuit training. Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD is a killer, but it really works in helping to strengthen muscles as well as reducing weight - just push through it as it is really challenging. The body reduces the fat wherever it chooses to - there is no science or exercise that will target fat reduction in a specific area of the body effectively. But you can strengthen and tone muscles while you are reducing your weight which will result in a more toned and ideal body when you have reached your goal.

Vickie
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Cardio and a LOT of squats, lunges, and other outer thigh exercises. It's just where your body naturally stores fat, so not a lot you can do other than what I just listed. I'm only 21 and have had a similar problem for as long as I can remember-I carry my weight in my outer thighs just a little below my hips.
This discussion has been closed.