why do I always fail???

Options
I've been trying to lose weight for awhile but I work almost six days a week second shift I find it very hard to exercise... also soda and junk food get me everytime... and I drink alot... i quit drinking beer switched to vodka and water but I'm sure drinking four days a week does Me no justice. ..advice please

Replies

• MysticalT
    MysticalT Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are in a similar position to me except for the alcohol as I very rarely drink and there is no way I'd have the calories spare for it!

I think, like me, you already know what you need to do it's just a case of doing it.

The only advice I could offer right now is not to change too many things at once. If you try to start exercising, stop drinking and concentrate on food all at the same time it is going to be harder to stick to. Start with one change, take steps towards a healthier lifestyle. We didn't become like this over night, it took time and it will take time to get the lifestyle we want.

If I was you, my first step would be to cut down on the alcohol, it is bad for you and the calories aren't good. Don't just cut it out altogether though, maybe swap one of those days of drinking for water instead, then slowly decrease the alcohol and increase the water. I find having bottled water around helps me to drink more.

Good luck on your journey, feel free to add me if you wish, maybe we can motivate each other :).

Good luck.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    why do I always fail???
    I work almost six days a week second shift I find it very hard to exercise... also soda and junk food get me everytime... and I drink alot.

Seems like you answered your own question.

read this , there are some great links in here with tested advice that can help you stay on track.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here

Best of luck
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    lots of people have success without exercise, it helps and has lots of health benefits, but if you chose not to include it its not an end all

basically as you said, you are going to have to buckle down and fix your diet or just eat/drink less of what you currently do

unfortunatly you are going to have to decide what you are willing to give up to get where you need to go, and until you find your own motivation there is nothing anyone else can do to get you there