Hourglass25 Posts: 345 Member
3. bananas
2c. uncooked quick cooking oats
1/4 c. raisins
1/3 c. reduced calorie butter, melted
1/4 c. skim milk
1tsp. vanilla extract

Directions

Combine all ingredients beating well let stand for 5 minutes so oats will absorb moisture. Drop dough by heaping teaspoonsfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degress for 15-20 minutes let stand 1 minute on cookie sheet

1 cookie 45 calories
8gm carbs
1gm protein

Replies

• brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I am going to have to try these!!! Thanks!
  • llucibelle65
    Options
    This looks like a good recipe. I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing it.
  • _Sarah_
    Options
    That sounds so yummy!
  • RoadsterMomma
    RoadsterMomma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Manda1987
    Options
    Yum :) I've been on a quest for tasty low-cal cookies!
  • anotheryearolder
    anotheryearolder Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sherhop
    Options
    Yummy!
  • michele0101
    Options
    Thanks! Bump
  • asherid
    Options
    bump!!!
  • mhoward1982
    mhoward1982 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Sirenism
    Sirenism Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I wonder if I could substitute the butter with something healthier, otherwise I really like this recipe.
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hey I tried these and they were much better than I expected! I didn't think there was enough moisture until I beat the mixture and the bananas provided a great consistency! Thanks for this!
  • thisis4me
    thisis4me Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Yummy!! Cant wait to try these...thank you for sharing:)
  • dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    What is the total serving size?
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    For those that don't like the butter in there I freely substitute the oil of my choice, be that olive, hemp... does the same thing in my tastes while giving me the healthier choice, though when I want it really healthy it's apple-sauce or just plain water in place of the oil. I'll be making these soon, maybe tomorrow if I get the apple-sauce picked up, though I'll also add something for more of a protein hit. Almonds.... hemp seeds... something. Thanks for sharing.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try these (except I'm allergic to milk, so I'll have to mess with the butter and milk, but that shouldn't be hard) - sounds delicious!
  • VanessaC
    VanessaC Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I only have regular oats on hand. Would it work with those instead of the quick cooking ones? Maybe if I let the mixture sit a little longer?
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    You can substitute the milk with Almond milk... I use Almond Breeze unsweetend vanilla almond milk with most recipes.
    My problem is that I am allergic to unusual things..
    Bananas being one of them. =(
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    You can substitute the milk with Almond milk... I use Almond Breeze unsweetend vanilla almond milk with most recipes.
    My problem is that I am allergic to unusual things..
    Bananas being one of them. =(

I also use Almond Breeze in everything, but I also want to substitute the bananas with pumpkin, as I don't want the sugar content of the bananas or the raisins. (I know, it's natural sugars, but I still try to keep my sugars under 15gms a day) I will let you know how it works, thanks for the recipe.
  • c_turner
    Options
    I just made these now! there great! really chewy and a great desert if you drizzle chocolate on top!