Working momma's--need help!

rachelblank427
rachelblank427 Posts: 180 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok, my daughter is a little over 7 months now, and I have to go back to work. I actually start my new job Monday. How does everyone fit in there exercise? Going to a gym is not an option for me right now because I simply cannot afford it so I work out at home doing DVDs etc. Making time was never an issue because I exercised when my daughter napped, and had time to do housework, cook, etc. Now I wont be getting home till 6:30 or 7 at night. So how do yall make it work???

Replies

• ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    Well for me it is not that hard but because I get home by 4pm. You might want to during your lunch break, I am not sure of what kind of work you do. I am a Kindergarten Teacher & I usually do it afterschool,& during I go to P.E. with my students and walk around the gym or during recess. even if I am in my dressy clothes I just put on a pair of tennis shoes and go and do it. Now I can't do this all the time during school. but if you have a lunch hour go & walk then come back & have your lunch because after you excercise your body is still burning calories, for me it is good to eat after you exercise...I hope that helps...
  • dericcarson
    dericcarson Posts: 78 Member
    When my kids were little I would go to the gym before work...I would get up at 4:45 and get home by 6:00 AM to hop in the shower to start my day. I have added both of my kids to my gym membership so they now go with me after work......
    I am a single mom and work 50 hours a week....but I still make it to the gym. I go early on the weekends and take them with me. Not sure if your gym has a daycare, but if it does, it is well worth adding your little one to your membership. Good luck!
  • sereney
    sereney Posts: 69 Member
    I get up in the morning before my son does to do my exercise. It took me a while to adjust to getting up early, but now it is almost like clock work. If I am not able to do it in the morning, I work out after my son goes to bed. I think that my body does better and I feel better when I exercise in the morning, but being a single mom, it can be challenging.
    Even if you can get in 30 minutes a day, it is better than nothing at all.
    Best of luck to you.
  • rachelblank427
    rachelblank427 Posts: 180 Member
    Thank you everybody for your kind replies!:flowerforyou:
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    My son loved going out in his jogging stroller. If you have time in the morning before work, a good run pushing one of those is a great workout. I got mine at a second hand store, so it wasn't expensive at all.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    It was hard for me to get kids dinner and to bed on time after working all day. But now I try to get up an hour early and workout and that makes my day so much better. I get a little extra time in the am to get ready, get to work on time, and have a bit extra steam in the evening also. That works for me. Plan meals also. :flowerforyou:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Set alarm for 4:20am and workout before work.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Well for me it is not that hard but because I get home by 4pm. You might want to during your lunch break, I am not sure of what kind of work you do. I am a Kindergarten Teacher & I usually do it afterschool,& during I go to P.E. with my students and walk around the gym or during recess. even if I am in my dressy clothes I just put on a pair of tennis shoes and go and do it. Now I can't do this all the time during school. but if you have a lunch hour go & walk then come back & have your lunch because after you excercise your body is still burning calories, for me it is good to eat after you exercise...I hope that helps...

I do this 2 :happy: Keep shoes and socks at my desk for lunch time walks and always say "I can sub for PE!"
This discussion has been closed.