Last one on fat cells

Options
shorerider
shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
Ok, here is one last post about fat cells with a great quote! There is hope for us who have been overweight most of our lives!

Slimming Down Always an Option

So does this mean that every overweight dieter should throw out their jogging shoes and diet books? Not so, experts overwhelmingly say.

Although experts said that the more fat cells you accumulate in childhood the harder it is to remain lean and fit in adulthood, all diet experts agree that just because you may develop more fat cells in childhood does not mean that you are stuck being overweight your whole life.

"I hope people don't think that they're doomed if they were overweight in childhood," said Keith Ayoob, associate professor in the department of pediatrics at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. "A 'typical' weight may not be appropriate for everyone. Go for a better weight and one that you can maintain. Even a 10 percent reduction [in weight] will improve your health risk."

Moreover, experts urged that those concerned about their weight should focus on obesity prevention for the future rather than a crash diet for today.

taken from http://abcnews.go.com/Health/BeautySecrets/Story?id=4777493&page=2

Replies

• shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Ok, here is one last post about fat cells with a great quote! There is hope for us who have been overweight most of our lives!

Slimming Down Always an Option

So does this mean that every overweight dieter should throw out their jogging shoes and diet books? Not so, experts overwhelmingly say.

Although experts said that the more fat cells you accumulate in childhood the harder it is to remain lean and fit in adulthood, all diet experts agree that just because you may develop more fat cells in childhood does not mean that you are stuck being overweight your whole life.

"I hope people don't think that they're doomed if they were overweight in childhood," said Keith Ayoob, associate professor in the department of pediatrics at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. "A 'typical' weight may not be appropriate for everyone. Go for a better weight and one that you can maintain. Even a 10 percent reduction [in weight] will improve your health risk."

Moreover, experts urged that those concerned about their weight should focus on obesity prevention for the future rather than a crash diet for today.

taken from http://abcnews.go.com/Health/BeautySecrets/Story?id=4777493&page=2
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Cool, that was all very interesting and informative! thanks for the posts :)
  • BikeChick
    BikeChick Posts: 121
    Options
    That was a great idea, shoerider! I definitely prefer knowing how my body deals with these things. It would help for everyone to read this so they can have an idea of how it all works, and that way form a better regimen for themselves.
    You were right about that ending line!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    These were AWESOME posts!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

Great Sunday morning reading before going to the grocery store!

Thank you for using this website for the greater good!!! I hope everyone benefits from it.
  • JJAE53
    JJAE53 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Shorerider! Read every one of your posts on fat/fat cells. They were really godd and Vvery informative! It's better to know the information so you can deal with it! Or at least, it is for me.