What do you weigh 5'9/ 5'10 guys ?

Options
Hi, just wondering what other guys in that 5'9/ 5'10 (175/ 178cm) range weigh ?

I'm about 5' 9.5" myself, and wonder what others around that have found to be their optimum weight. Presently, my goal weight is simply the lowest weight I have been in the past, 175lbs (79.4kg), but know I could have shaved off a few pounds even then, so when I reach that goal weight I shall simply re-evaluate things and see if I'm happy there, or want to go a little lower :)

Oh, seeing as we all differ, could you share your general body type also, and the rough level of musculature on your frame. For example, I am generally a broad enough build (broad shoulders, strong bone structure, yet probably narrow enough wrists and perhaps waist also). Also from resistance training in the past I would have a moderate level of musculature, ie higher than your average non-gym goer, yet probably a little less or in/ around what your average gym-goer might have.

Curious to hear your thoughts :)

ps can't seem to find many pics, but shall have a look, and please feel free to include any pics to illustrate your weight too if you wish :)

Replies

• _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    5'10", currently ~158lbs and bulking. Profile pic is ~155lbs, more pics in my profile. High weight = 192, low (during keto diet) = 144.
    Small wrists and ankles, somewhat broad shoulders, slim hips (working on building up hams and glutes).
    I "dirty bulked" on my own at the end of 2013 and started working with SideSteel in Feb 2014, got lean and have been slow bulking since May. Here's a link to my thread about working with SideSteel: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1331166-my-12-weeks-with-sidesteel
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Honestly I personally do not care about weight. I care more about being in the 10-12% body fat. Then If I do not have a six pack in that range of body fat% I will get as small as I need to get. Also with the fact that abs will become the most frequent group I workout at the gym.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", currently at 270... Working on getting down to between 180-200, and re-evaluate at that point.
  • BrianE30
    BrianE30 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am just over 5'10, was quite skinny a some years ago till I started going to the gym. I am not overly built but like you said, more than the average non-gym goer. I weight 80kg and hoping to shed a few kilos if possible.
  • Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    5'10" here.
    Current LBM = 158 lbs.
    Goal = 10% BF.

That will put me at about 175 lbs.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    5'9" I stay in the 160-165 range.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I'm not a dude, but my husband is 5'9" and weighs 163 lbs. He's currently bulking and plans to start cutting around the 175 lb mark. He has to eat 4000-4500 calories per day just to put on a pound a week and lifts 4x/week. As for his body structure, he's still pretty slim and getting muscular - he's got broad shoulders, but isn't what you'd call thick or big-boned.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    280lbs, aiming for 225 which should put me right around 18%BF if I maintain my LBM.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I'm a little taller.... Just over 5'11".... But I weigh almost 250.... For perspective.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    230ish.
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Cheers guys (and gal)! :) Great to see a cross section of opinion, so keep 'em coming :)

Aiming for 175, but have a sneaking suspicion I shall want to get down to 170 or even 165 after that, to get into that 12- 15% body fat range I would like to, but am not consciously telling myself yet, lol. 175 was the lowest I ever was, and am sure 170 would probably have left me at the 15% body fat range, but I guess I shall find out in the near future :)

I think dropping less than 175 would be passing a psychological boundary for me, so was just curious to see if there were many around that range or lower, and of a similar build/ musculature level. Few bridges to cross before reaching that point, but its nice to give it some thought now, to be prepared when I do.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    My late teen and mid 20 son are 6'1" and 6'2" respectively. 149 and 158 pounds with broad, built shoulders and decent abs. The 26-year old just put on 5 pounds after coming back from the Peace Corps and coming back up to a healthy weight (he had been 141). I must say, he looked better at 153.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    My late teen and mid 20 son are 6'1" and 6'2" respectively. 149 and 158 pounds with broad, built shoulders and decent abs. The 26-year old just put on 5 pounds after coming back from the Peace Corps and coming back up to a healthy weight (he had been 141). I must say, he looked better at 153.

6'1" and 6'2” do not weigh under 190 if they have significant muscle mass/broad shoulders. What size sportcoat do they wear?
  • tombetlej
    tombetlej Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Great topic! I've just been wondering the same thing myself.

I'm 5'10", right now I'm 187lbs with about 14%bf, according to a home Tanita scale, so LBM ~160

My original goal had been 180lbs, but I just re-set it down to 175lbs. And I'll see how that looks when I get there.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    176 lbs
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    5'10" and about 180 Lbs and I'll be 40 in about 6 weeks. I'm right around 18% BF right now which is very easy for me to maintain and kind of my happy place. I have a great deal of difficulty maintaining anything less than about 15% BF.
  • cccoursey
    cccoursey Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I seem to have been all over the place with my weight in the last few years.

5' 10"

Current weight: 166lbs around: 18%bf
    Highest in the last year: 213lbs: 36%bf
    Lowest in the last year: 63lbs
  • Live_To_Win
    Live_To_Win Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" + lol I am currently 209. Down 75 pounds