How fast I gain. How slow I lose.

Options
It is truly amazing that a weekend of fun merriment and some poor diet can result in a ten pound gain. I'm sure most is water weight but it sure is a pain in the keister when it takes two weeks to work it off!

Anybody else have this issue?

Replies

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I doubt you gained 10lbs of true FAT, over a weekend unless you ate an excess of 35,000 calories.

Granted you're probably bloated with water weight.... so... when I'm bloated out like that, I TRY to keep my carbs lower for a few days, and drink LOTS and LOTS of WATER ONLY.

And yes.... after Christmas day last year (ate at my moms, my mother-in-law, my grandmothers, and at a friends) I was up 15lbs and felt like total crap from so much water bloating.
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I've had this problem all summer. Gain on the weekend and lose it during the week, so no loss in a couple of months. Summer is winding down after the state fair, and then back on the wagon to losing. But, have no regrets, it was a lot of fun
  • empireman85
    empireman85 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advise. I'm not angry or upset or even thinking there are issues with the calories in vs calories out program but it sure seems like the calories in stick and don't work in direct proportion to the calories out!
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I always consider it a win when I maintain in the summer. I just have way too much fun on the weekends!! The past couple weeks I've managed to lose a little but I've recently started training for a 5k and I also through in a couple fasting days (600 cals) to counterbalance the higher calorie weekends.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Yes...I am just off a vacation week (preceded by a friends wedding) and "gained" 6 lbs...not cool. But once I started eating healthier, stopped drinking alcohol and got back in my work out routine, I'm down 4 lbs and working hard on those other two.

It has me thinking that the next time I go on vacation, I will plan a week of "clean eating" the following week. I may actually start one one, though I have another big event this weekend and can't imagine I won't indulge (birthday cake and wine...). So, maybe next Monday.

Just keep counting and know that it's part of the journey!