Getting back on the horse...need some motivating friends

Options
Hey y'all, I am looking to find some of my old fitnesspal friends, and make some new ones as well.....I have been back and forth, and I'm ready to just stick with it!!! I need some serious motivating friends I've been feeling very lost, and alone on this journey and I was upset when I got to 185lbs, now I'm at a horrible weight of 208lbs!!! I need help and I need to get back to losing weight, and being healthy again and out of my funk!!!

Replies

• KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I'll help motivate you! Feel free to add me!
  • faatimahhh86
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    I'm 29 and not on BC for the past 6 years. My goal is to get 40 lbs lighter on New Year's Day & 80 pounds at the end of May 2015. I weigh 207 lbs and i'm in no shape or form to be able to conceive with PCOS. Also i have a beyond horrible menstrual cycle where i didn't have a period for almost 9 months and now I've been going through serious abnormal bleeding issues. I'm on Metformin 1000 mcg. My doctor has suggested getting me on the "cIomid" bandwagon to up my chances of ovulating but i desperately need to lose at least 40 pounds to seriously get into ttc mode. I don't want to go through a high risk pregnancy, chances of a miscarriage, gestational diabetes, or put 30-50 more pounds in the process. I need a lot of motivation, good advice, a healthy balanced diet and a support group where people are able to understand my issues and have similar goals. I bless everyone here with the best of health, success in losing weight and gaining a baby. Let's motivate each other and achieve our goals this time.
  • shanehollanduk
    shanehollanduk Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Always happy to be added.

I am looking to lose 60lbs... I work in food, and cook from scratch daily... I just eat far, far too much of it. Portion size, portion size, and MFP is great at really highlighting what you're eating.

It's great to have MFP friends as there is no hiding - just log every snack, no hiding, and you'll see the weight drop off.

My parents are both obese, and they remain obese because they tell me they are "Big boned" - the truth is that neither they nor I am - I ate too much food, and didn't move my body enough. Realising that has seen me drop six pounds in a week, and I'm already starting to feel full on much smaller portions.

Let's root for each other
  • Beachbaby30
    Options
    I too just recently started, yet again. Add me if you wish and we can support each other.
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    You can add me.. I am back at it again... my weight shot up to 308 before I took control... lost 80 pounds... yo-yo'd up and down and I have regained about 40 pounds.. I am down to 255 as of yesterday, but I still have a way to go. I am doing low carb and it is working out well for me.

Good luck.. I am trying my best to log in every day and exercise every other day..
  • AshleyArleneNP
    AshleyArleneNP Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. We have similar goals. I have been on my get healthy journey for about 6 months. I log daily :-)
  • thismamarox
    thismamarox Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have just recently started back up as well. I am at 189 LBS and need to get to 150 to be at a healthy weight. I started at 198 and I have dropped almost 10 pounds in the past month. I am getting to the point where I actually like working out. I have been doing a lower carb diet and it seems to be working for me. Feel free to add me...maybe we can inspire one another :)
  • enzosmama
    enzosmama Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all, I am looking to find some of my old fitnesspal friends, and make some new ones as well.....I have been back and forth, and I'm ready to just stick with it!!! I need some serious motivating friends I've been feeling very lost, and alone on this journey and I was upset when I got to 185lbs, now I'm at a horrible weight of 208lbs!!! I need help and I need to get back to losing weight, and being healthy again and out of my funk!!!

Just sent you a friend request!
  • lisanangel
    lisanangel Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me !! I'm on every day :l:heart:
  • CraftyPants77
    CraftyPants77 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Everyone can feel free to add me as well! I'm on a long journey and I log and comment every day! =)
  • Kayt10590
    Kayt10590 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all!!! <3 I really appreciate the support!!!!
  • makekathshrink
    makekathshrink Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Having a bad day , have well and truly stuffed up - bought some chocolate bars and have stupidly eaten the whole pack. Holding my head in shame :embarassed:
  • Newfiejacq
    Options
    I need some friends here too! :)
  • smariere
    smariere Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Everyone feel free to add me as well! I have approximately 110 pounds to lose at this point, and I've failed quite often at this in the past, so this time I'm trying to be as active as possible here to help stay motivated.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I also am "getting back on the horse" in the sense of returning to tracking and being intentional about exercise. I am far more active than when I started in October and I've been maintaining the weight loss I made the but I need to continue on because I have around 60 more to go. Add me if you'd like.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. feel free to add, although, I'm not much of a cheerleader.
  • mistycropper
    Options
    Hi i am just starting my very long journey of loosing weight. I am 28 years old and weigh over 200 pounds. I am a mother of 4 young children. They keep me busy but not enough to loose the weight i need to. I am needing to get down to 130 pounds to be at a healthy weight. I would love some friends to help me in this long journey ahead that we all have. Send friend requests. I will be on everyday and log everyday. Thanks
  • GBrady43068
    Options
    (deleted)
  • GBrady43068
    Options
    Having a bad day , have well and truly stuffed up - bought some chocolate bars and have stupidly eaten the whole pack. Holding my head in shame :embarassed:
    It's early in the day still..do "penance"...get some extra exercise in. You're not going to eliminate all those extra calories but you can make this less of a setback than it would be otherwise. Finish the day strong and tomorrow will be another day...
  • KirstenEllen
    KirstenEllen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sending you a FR now...I'd love to exchange support for each other's goals. I've lost but have maintained then gained 15 for almost 2 years. :cry: :grumble:

Needing to get back on track and back to it. Looking at another 20 lbs down but have a LOT of re-toning to do as well.