Options
hi i am needing idea's for things to eat as i don't like salad
get fed up of eating the same things all the time
any tips please

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    you can eat anything in moderation, are you looking for vegetable specific answers?

I love blasamic vinegar cooked on most green things (brussel sprouts are my favorite, but it goes well with asparagus and green beans too)
    kale cooked in seasoned rice vinegar
    roasting vegetables changes the texture and taste alot, roasted sweet potatoes are delish
  • Fuchmylife
    Fuchmylife Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    What do you eat all the time? So we know and can give alternatives?

My staples are chicken, broccoli, cottage cheese, yogurt, almonds, lean red meat, eggs, peanut butter(natural kind)
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Anything and everything, just weigh out proper portions.
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Have you checked out skinnytaste.com? Lots of new ideas that should fit well within your calories for the day. I am not a big salad eater myself although today I am having a spinach salad with chicken breast and shrimp. I do have some veg everyday alongside a filling protein. Salad on its own just leaves me hungry too soon.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    hi i am needing idea's for things to eat as i don't like salad
    get fed up of eating the same things all the time
    any tips please
    not salad.

not even being snarky, you don't have to eat salad to lose weight.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Why do you think you have to eat salad to lose weight? I've lost 20lbs and haven't had a salad in about a year.
  • kat_snowflake
    kat_snowflake Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Vegetable stir-fries, spinach soup, lentil soup, tomato soup, green beans or broccoli as a side dish.

Japanese/vietnamese-style broth-based soups with chopped vegetables (peppers, mushrooms, leek, onions, bean sprouts etc.) with udon noodles.

Slice tomoatos & chopped onions on German-style rye bread - this can also be layered over philadelphia cream cheese).

These are just a couple of the things I like!
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat salad to lose weight. Eat the foods you like in moderation. If you don't like salad, don't eat it.
  • Choobey
    Choobey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I agree, you do not have to eat salad to lose weight. I pretty much eat what I want, I just do it in moderation. I am definately not one of those people who can eat anything and stay thin either, so do not get the wrong impression!! :bigsmile: I eat a lot of grilled chicken, vegetables, brown rice, lean pork, and lean beef. I drink veggie fruit shakes that I make from scratch myself and they taste yummy! I am not a big seafood fan so I cannot chime in there, but there are so many things to eat that are healthy and good for you besides salad!
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is what your looking for but I am not a salad or veggie person. Lunches at work are a killer for me with a great cafeteria upstairs and many yummy options within walking distance. I decided to bring low calories breakfast sandwiches for lunch. Easy to pop in the microwave and only about 250 calories. Better tasting than the microwaveable healthy lunch bowls.
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Eat what your would normally eat, but less of it. Search the internet to find recipes that appeal to you that will help you consume more veggies.

Although I like salad, I don't eat it very often. You can lose weight without salads.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Not sure why people think they need to eat salads every day to lose weight. I rarely eat salads and the weight has come off just fine.

Eat what you want, just log it and fit it into your goals.
  • shanehollanduk
    shanehollanduk Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I like salad, but who wants to eat it all the time?!

In fact I think we are setting ourselves up for a fall if we radically change our diets to new foods we don't really like, only to then change them back when we hit our goals.

My current diet regime includes double (heavy cream), stilton, a glass of whisky, pork, fish, beef - gosh, last night I even made sweet potato fries.

The key is moderation and portion size. Make things yourself if you can, and if that's hard, make more things yourself. Really from scratch, no jars (mustard excepted!) - so you have an idea what's in it.

And log it.

It's coolish in London today, so a quick home-made soup of blitzed frozen peas, onion, chicken stock, small amount of smoked bacon and a crispy bacon slice on top... I would have lost the will to live with a bowl of salad!

So to answer your question - if you don't like salad, don't eat it! Eat other fruits, vegetables instead - along with anything else you enjoy
  • S_Murphree
    Options
    I love salads. But as far as veggies, most are good roasted in the oven with olive oil and seasoning. Toss with pasta, eat as a side, etc.
  • West55
    West55 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    But "salads" can mean all sorts of different things, surely you cannot dislike all of them?

I make a mean salad of avocado, tinned beans (any sort, drained and rinsed), garlic, chillis, celery, carrot, and a dressing of oil and vinegar, but not a lettuce leaf, tomato or cucumber in sight. And really delish. Cut back on the avocado and oil to save calories, but it is packed full of protein and other good nutrients. Add crusty bread if you need more, but I find it filling on its own. It keeps well in the fridge so I can take a tumbler full for lunch at work

Lots of exciting salads can be made by looking beyond the typical salad counter at the deli :smile:
  • awesomejdad
    awesomejdad Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake....And salt and vinegar chips........together.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    eggs
    pizza
    bread
    chicken
    chicken wings
    beer
    yogurt
    fruit
    nuts
    cheeseburgers
    french fries
    donuts
    pancakes
    ice cream
    steak
    potatos
    vegetables
    cereal

just a few of the things I've eaten on a weekly basis since I started losing weight. you'll notice salad is not one of them.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i eat potato chips, burritos, cereal with milk. oatmeal with cinnamon, sandwiches. i eat what i want, in amounts that fit my calorie needs and macros.

cheesecake together with salt and vinegar chips not so much :D
  • BrianE30
    BrianE30 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Everthing in moderation should do you good. I like salad but don't want to eat it ALL the time. To spice things up a bit (assuming you want to stick to salads), I find adding things like cashew nut, roasted peanuts, chicken, adding sardines/tuna to my salad, helps a lot.