Music!!!

Options
You are approaching the end of a hard workout- a run, for example- and you think you can't do it anymore. You just want to stop. Do you have ONE go-to song on your ipod/mp3 player that you know will immediately give you the boost you need to fly through the last bit of your workout?

"Somebody Told Me" by the Killers can raise me from the dead. Something about the beat and singing gives me a burst of energy and I soar...:)

Curious about the rest of you!

Replies

• llenadadelgozo
    llenadadelgozo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Let's Get it Started by the Black Eyed Peas!
  • Hitsujikai
    Hitsujikai Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    "You're the best around" by Joe Esposito (Karate Kid Theme) is my power song and always gives me a good kick up the butt to work harder.

Additional songs that get me moving are "Through fire and flames" by Dragonforce, "Eye of the tiger" by Survivor and "Shook me like a prayer" (cross between Madonna's "like a prayer" and AC/DC's "You shook me all night long") by Rock Sugar.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    When You Were Young by The Killers is great for that also.
  • debbyrae3
    debbyrae3 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My go-to pump-up songs are ANYTHING by Lady Gaga, Ke$ha (obviously only her really dance-y, pumped up songs, which are most but not all of them), Evacuate the Dancefloor by Cascada, and way more.

I have a "Workout" playlist on my iPod and if you'd like I can type up the songs and artist names for anyone who wants it, to get ideas.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Spaceman - the Killers, american Idiot - Green Day, Do you Want to - Franz Ferdinand, Journey to the Centre of Girl - the cramps and last but not least Common People - Pulp..................... I frequently need a boost and these tracks do it for me!
  • piexcore
    piexcore Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Ferglisious! Also Le Disko by the Shiny Toy Guns, I'm a Winner and Super Rad (Aquabats), and any thing by Coheed and Cambria or Daddy Yankee
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    PUMP IT by the Black Eyed Peas.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    "Lose Yourself" by Eminem. Great pep-talk about digging down deep to suceed. I had it set to play around mile 12 in my half marathon last week, and the hair on my neck actualy stoud up when it played.
  • edorice
    Options
    Gonna Fly Now - Rocky Theme.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    The Killers are...freeeaking awesome. "Mr. Brightside?" Oh heck yes. AND Fallout Boys. Those are my fist pumping run as hard as I can until my legs fall off songs. "This Ain't a Scene" and "Thanks for the Memories." Yes.
  • seemichellerun
    Options
    Activate by Atari Teenage Riot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsxwMuk-WxI&feature=related

I saw them in Chicago back in October. Yes, their shows are that insane. 3 hours in the pit at that show was one intense workout!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    If you want to go old school...Carmina Burana
  • riveradee
    riveradee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    as sad as it may sound the eye of the tiger from the rocky movie does it for me every time lol..i used to box so when i want to get motivated sometimes i watch the movies too....:-)
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Activate by Atari Teenage Riot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsxwMuk-WxI&feature=related

I saw them in Chicago back in October. Yes, their shows are that insane. 3 hours in the pit at that show was one intense workout!

That is awesome! My last concert was My Chemical Romance...never made it to the pit but I've never seen a mass move like that before! And MCR isn't too hardcore!

Oh...AND MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE...hehehe....Black Parade is a good one...I like to imagine myself flying by a parade! :o)
  • riveradee
    riveradee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    oops sorry its not eye of the tiger..remember the one when he was running up the stairs..getting strong now..blah blah blah...:-) can't remember the name
  • chocolatnoir
    chocolatnoir Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Lol, I have Eye of the Tiger on my ipod, too :)
  • chocolatnoir
    chocolatnoir Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    LOVE Mr. Brightside! Forgot about that one...will be using that one on my next run!!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    as sad as it may sound the eye of the tiger from the rocky movie does it for me every time lol..i used to box so when i want to get motivated sometimes i watch the movies too....:-)

That song jacks me up and makes me want to punch someone in the face.:smile:
  • edorice
    Options
    oops sorry its not eye of the tiger..remember the one when he was running up the stairs..getting strong now..blah blah blah...:-) can't remember the name

GONNA FLY NOW - ROCKY THEME
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    these are some of the songs that currently get me going faster i also like the ones that were mentioned already, love the eye of the tiger!

dare by gorillaz
    feel good inc gorillaz
    boom boom pow black eyed peas
    like a g6 Far East Movement

just to name a few