soy beans =/= edamame

Options
funfang
funfang Posts: 200 Member
Hi, I finally brought myself a soy milk machine and made my first real soy milk! ( yum!) For those you don't know, the "real" soy milk is not like the one you buy from silk or other America brand. It really should be called "soy juice" It's made from the juice you blend from soy beads.

Since everyone puts different amount of water to make their soy milk, I figure I should just log in how much beans I use. Lots soy beans I found on MFP are Edamame which is not the right one. Does anyone know where I can find the right nutrient for the soy beans use for soy milk? Much appreciated!

Replies

• So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Search for raw soy beans?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Holy cow that sounds delicious. And I agree with the above. Probably the best bet is to go with the raw entry. Or create your own...
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I did find some information of raw soy beans, but I am not sure if it's the real soy bean or the green one (edmame), I even went on the USDA web site, how I wish they can include pictures....
  • blueyed1dr
    blueyed1dr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I believe when they're out of the pod and just the bean/seed, its called mukimame. MFP has detailed nutrition info on them as well. http://www.soyatech.com/soyfoods_facts.htm