Holiday Low-Calorie Drinks?

Options
Hi Everyone,

With the christmas season now in full swing, come many christmas parties and family get-togethers.
As they all involve drinking, does anyone have any suggestions to low-calorie drinks ie. Wine, mixed cocktails etc?

Anything would be helpful!

Cheers,

Vivienne

Replies

• ccrawshaw
    ccrawshaw Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I recently searched out this info on Google and there are several low-cal, low fat ones to choose from, but the one that I liked was a Bloody Mary. Granted there is a lot of sodium, the only calories and fat to speak of are in the alcohol, which you can't avoid. If you don't care for Bloody Marys, do a Google search and you'll find lots of others. :)
  • Birdnicaj
    Options
    Vodka and club soda. If you are "fruity" drink drinker then it will take time to get used to this so try flavor vodka (stoli has so many great varieties like Raspberry) with plain club soda. The vodka is not sweet it is only fragranced with the flavor so no extra cals to speak of - but as I said, this is not your typical fruity drink. I take vodka, club soda over ice with three olives!
    When all else fails, white wine is lowest in calories. Wine with club soda (50/50) will cut them further in half so you can have twice as many. Light Beers - Amstel is tastiest...
  • Birdnicaj
    Options
    PS...BLOODY MARY !!! The calories are not only in the alcohol, they are also in the Tomato Juice. Not a ton but there is 50 per 8oz. plus the vodka at about 75 more. Total obviously 125. Most drinks are larger than 8oz of mixer, so watch out! Club soda = 0 calories. Also doesn't fill you up the same way tomato juice does.
  • Birdnicaj
    Options
    I recently searched out this info on Google and there are several low-cal, low fat ones to choose from, but the one that I liked was a Bloody Mary. Granted there is a lot of sodium, the only calories and fat to speak of are in the alcohol, which you can't avoid. If you don't care for Bloody Marys, do a Google search and you'll find lots of others. :)
    No fat in alcohol! Only calories...
  • bobdubya
    Options
    I "Had" to go drink yesterday too. So, before I went out I went to the gym and FORCED myself to stay on the elliptical for 90 mins (1100 cals burned) . This morning I'm not feeling guilty now.
  • lukasmac
    lukasmac Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    water :)
  • ChantalC1969
    ChantalC1969 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    What I drink is a Woody's 99 vodka cooler. There is raspberry or orange flavour. It's only 99 calories per drink (330 ml). Tonight I have a staff party and that's what I'm bringing. I won't feel too guilty drinking 2 or 3 coolers.
  • erica714
    erica714 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    vodka and seltzer. sometimes I add a lemon.
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Your options are endless! My first choice, ice water with a slice of lemon. My first alcoholic drink choice, 1 oz. Captain Morgan Spiced Rum and Diet Pepsi (60 calories, 0 fat).