Zucchini Recipes

Options
reducingrenee622
reducingrenee622 Posts: 48 Member
I just had a LOT of zucchini come to my house from different peoples garden. I have a few recipes to make, but looking for more!!

I don't really like baking with zucchini (because lets me honest, I can't control myself around bakery goods, and I would eat the whole pan instead of 1 at a time).....So i am looking for more meal type recipes

Thanks!

Replies

• Junepal
    Junepal Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Some of my favourites...

BBQ Zucchini Lasanga
    what you need
    3 large zucchini (3 lb.), trimmed
    1/3 cup KRAFT Tuscan House Italian Dressing
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    1 egg, beaten
    1 cup POLLY-O Natural Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
    1-1/2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese with a TOUCH OF PHILADELPHIA, divided
    3 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
    1 jar (14 oz.) spaghetti sauce

Option - Ground meat

HEAT grill for indirect grilling: Light one side of grill, leaving other side unlit. Close lid; heat grill to 375ºF.

CUT zucchini lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices; place in large bowl. Mix dressing and garlic. Add to zucchini; mix lightly.

PLACE zucchini on grate over lit area. Grill 10 to 12 min. or until tender, turning occasionally. Meanwhile, mix egg, ricotta, 1 cup shredded cheese and 2 Tbsp. Parmesan until blended.

Spread 1/2 cup sauce onto bottom of 8-inch square foil pan sprayed with cooking spray. Cover with layers of 1/3 of the zucchini, half the ricotta mixture and 1/2 cup sauce. Repeat layers. Top with remaining zucchini, sauce, shredded cheese and Parmesan; cover with foil. Cut small slit in foil to allow steam to escape.

PLACE lasagna on grill grate over unlit area. Grill 30 min. or until heated through, monitoring for consistent grill temperature. Remove from grill; carefully uncover. Let stand 5 min. before serving.
    Baked Zucchini Fries
    what you need
    3 zucchini (1 lb.)
    1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
    1 pkt. SHAKE ‘N BAKE Seasoned Panko Seasoned Coating Mix or just plain Panko Crumbs or Italian Bread Crums
    1 egg
    1/2 cup Lite Ranch Dressing make it
    HEAT oven to 450ºF.

CUT zucchini crosswise in half, then cut each piece into 1/4-inch-thick matchlike sticks. Add cheese to coating mix in shaker bag; shake gently to combine. Whisk egg in medium bowl.

ADD zucchini, in batches, to egg; toss to coat. Use tongs to add 1/4 of the zucchini to coating mix in shaker bag; close bag, then shake to evenly coat zucchini. Spread onto rimmed baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining zucchini.

BAKE 12 to 13 min. or until golden brown, turning after 7 min. Serve with dressing.
    One Pan Stove Top Parmesan Zucchini
    what you need
    1 small red pepper, chopped
    1 small onion, chopped
    4 small zucchini (1 lb.), thinly sliced
    1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
    3/4 cup 2% Milk Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
    2 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese make it

COOK and stir peppers and onions in large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat 5 min. Add zucchini; cook and stir 2 min.

STIR in spaghetti sauce; cover. Cook 8 min. or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.

SPRINKLE with cheeses; cook, covered, 1 min. or until mozzarella is melted.
    Stuffed Zucchini
    what you need
    2 zucchini
    2 Tbsp. butter, divided
    1/4 cup chopped yellow onions
    1 small plum tomato, chopped
    4 slices cooked OSCAR MAYER Bacon, crumbled ***optional for a meatless option or use ground meat or turkey bacon
    1/2 cup Shredded Italian* Five Cheese with a TOUCH OF PHILADELPHIA
    1/4 cup panko bread crumbs make it
    HEAT oven to 400ºF.

CUT zucchini lengthwise in half; scoop out centers onto cutting board, leaving 1/8-inch-thick shells. Place shells in 13x9-inch baking dish.

CHOP zucchini flesh. Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions and chopped zucchini; cook and stir 3 min. or until onions are crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and bacon; cook 2 min. Stir in cheese. Spoon into zucchini shells.

MELT remaining butter in same skillet. Add panko crumbs; cook and stir 3 min. or until golden brown. Sprinkle over filled shells.

BAKE 15 min. or until heated through.
  • red66stang
    Options
    The recipe for zucchini fries that Junepal listed is awesome. My wife made them two weeks ago and I'm still thinking about them.
  • MimiRob77
    MimiRob77 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas. I was getting bored of the grilled version with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
  • catcalledjinx
    Options
    Soup! The healthiest and most filling meal you could probably put on the table. :)
  • tess77h
    tess77h Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Try them raw for a very low calorie snack or throw into a salad!

Go to AllRecipes.com and search for Connie' Zucchini Crab Cakes. Very good!

Zucchini Pizza Crust

5 medium zucchini, grated (press out as much liquid as possible)
    3 well beaten eggs
    1/3 cup flour
    Onion powder, garlic powder, pepper & salt to taste

Mix thoroughly & spread onto a greased pan. Bake for 8 minutes at 350° Top with pizza sauce and any of your favorite pizza toppings.

Bake an additional 15-20 minutes at 350°.

I haven't made this yet but I'm going to try it this week. I don't think I will use 5 zucchini though, I probably let mine get a lot larger than what you find in the grocery stores. ;)
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    following
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,717 Member
    Options
    Zucchini tots.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/07/zucchini-tots.html

You can freeze the prepared zucchini tots in ziploc bags to reheat later in the microwave. They are a great way to persuade kids to eat vegetables.
  • myrtille87
    myrtille87 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Really quick and easy courgette/zucchini pasta:

Grate your courgette coarsely in as big and long strips as possible. Finely grate some lemon zest and a clove of garlic.
    Boil a small portion of linguine pasta. Cook and drain.
    Toss the raw grated zucchini, lemon zest and garlic with the spaghetti and some olive oil (I've not done this recently so no idea on measurements, you'd have to figure out what works), season with salt and pepper.

It's good because you pad out the pasta with the veg so can have less pasta, and the total preparation/cooking time is just the time it takes to boil your pasta.
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Bump
    I have some too & need more recipes & ideas
  • kika_mckee
    kika_mckee Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I like the zucchini tots too. Sunday I made stuffed zucchini boats, they were not super-low cal but I think you could tweak it some (use ground beef instead of sausage).

I took two big zucchinis, andcut them into 6 "boats" lengthwise and the used a ice cream scooper to get the fleshy seedy part, which I added to a pound of sausage and browned. to that, I added 1 cup of bread crumbs and a jar of pasta sauce.
    I put the zucchini in a glass dish and poured the mixture over the top. I topped this with a mixture of 1/2 cup mozz and 1/2 cup parm.

It was tasty and came in about 500 cals per serving.

I have on my list to try where you use the zucchini coins as mini pizzas, top with sauce, cheese and pepperoni.
    Also, I added a grated zucchini to spaghetti and pesto with some andouille sausage mixed in, that was tasty.
  • americangirlok
    americangirlok Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    in for some new ideas!

I like zucchini boats- hollow out a chunk, cook that with some quinoa and turkey italian sausage and then stuff the zucchini and bake that, like twice baked potatoes but w/ zucchini. It's easy and very versatile you could stuff it w/ whatever you want!
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Wow. Thanks so much for sharing! Are these in the MFP database for nutri info as well? Thanks again!!!!
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Oooh, I just came across this amazing Zucchini Skinny Shrimp Scampi recipe this morning, if I didn't already have chicken & quinoa going in my slow cooker I'd totally make it for dinner tonight!

1c1009392bd0495a208e2272863ae949_zpsb38cbd10.jpg

and the recipe:
    http://www.justataste.com/2014/07/skinny-shrimp-scampi-zucchini-noodles-recipe/

Enjoy!!
  • bohemian124
    bohemian124 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I really like zucchini pizza boats. Cut in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds. Fill with marinara, fresh mozzarella, and any desred toppings (pepperoni, mushrooms, peppers, etc). Bake at 400 for 12-18 minutes until the cheese is melted and the zucchini softened slightly. Unless you are dying for real pizza, this should do the trick, and is way less calories, cabs, and fat.

Another favorite is to dice zucchini, saute in cajon seaoning, and add to red beans and brown rice. It bulks up the meal with veggies, so you eat less carbs, and the taste is mild enough that it doesn't really subtract from the flavor of the red beans and rice. So yummy.

Zucchini noodles are also great. If you have a spiral slicer, use that. Otherwise you can use a vegetable peeler and peel lengthwise until you hit the seeds. Can be eaten raw or sauteed.
  • ksolksol
    ksolksol Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I like to grate it into spaghetti sauce.
  • aries7298
    aries7298 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    bump.

I grate them and add it to my spaghetti sauce, the kids love it and never know they're eating more veggies......

another thing I like to do with mine is cut them into strips or rounds, bread them and bake them. :love:
  • baldnavywife
    baldnavywife Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump
  • labrennan
    labrennan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gail1961
    gail1961 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    ZOODLES! Spiral them and use them as noodles instead of pasta. Search pinterest for ideas! Add other cut up veggies (peppers, broccoli, etc) and pasta sause.