measurements

Options
Do you measure at the belly button or slightly below the belly button?
and
do you wrap to the silver clip or to the 1?
I never know where or how to do this right.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    honestly not sure it matters as long as you pick a system and stay consistant with it. The actual number doesnt matter as much as the changes in the number
  • mandez19
    mandez19 Posts: 179
    Options
    I think girls measure waist at the thinnest part of their abdomen - youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAMv9hS5Lz4just

If you look at your measuring tape the 1" or 1 cm line should be 1" or 1 cm from the tip of the silver clip. So you wrap to the tip of the clip because the first inch or cm is included in the measurement.
  • Fat2Fit_imready
    Fat2Fit_imready Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    i measure at the belly button, thats the area i want to lose the most, so i focus on that area when measuring!! I also measure right under my boobs to see how many inches im losing in my back (back fat sucks) lol
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Waist measurement should be at the narrowest point. For some women (me!), my waist is above my belly button (I have a HIGH waist, lol). I also take a measurement directly at the belly button (my "abdomen" measurement) to track the loss of "muffin top". For those with an undefined waist, across the belly button is easier to hit the same spot every time. Whichever you choose (or do both, noted separately), consistency in measuring the same(ish) spot is key to see the changes.
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I measure my natural waist (narrowest part,much higher than my belly button) and also at my belly button, because I care both about my waist slimming, and losing fat from my belly itself. If you are consistent with your measurement location, where you choose is of little consequence.
  • glowgirl14
    glowgirl14 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    ^^^this.

I'd only add...if you're measuring your biceps/thighs/calves, etc...it helps me if I measure up or down from a set point. (Like, I measure my thigh by putting the bottom of the tape seven inches up from the middle of my knee.)
  • CynCyndi
    CynCyndi Posts: 58
    Options
    i measure at the belly button, thats the area i want to lose the most, so i focus on that area when measuring!! I also measure right under my boobs to see how many inches im losing in my back (back fat sucks) lol

^^^
    i agree with that. i measured under the boobs so right around the highest part of the rib cage. when it comes to losing, you never know what area will lose first, so the more you measure in the beginning the better chances of finding where its falling from.

Cyn