What did you lose this year?

Options
And how does it compare to your goal?

I lost 25 pounds this year.

My goal was 52.

I dropped the goal about 3 months ago to 30.

This week I have decided to take the 25 and stop beating myself up over the holidays.

I will probably gain less this season going easier on myself rather than getting fed up and quitting.

So my loss is less than half of what my goal was.

And you know what?

I am okay with that.

If I had gotten frustrated months ago, I might have failed.

Instead I altered my goals as I approached various challenges and managed to maintain a steady loss.

To the person who asked in January how they could lose 20 pounds by March, how much weight did you lose this year?

Happy holidays everyone.

Replies

• aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 38lbs this year - I'd like to make it 40 before the end of the year - but regardless, I'm happier than I've been in a long time. Happy Holidays to you! :flowerforyou:
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    21 but im going for 29 or 30 so 180,179 ish
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    So far this year [since july] I've lost 30.2lbs :smile:

My overall goal is to lose 40lbs...I AM SO CLOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    This year? Well, I started out at another site and joined here after we bought our house. All totaled I have dropped 39 so far. I wanted to be at goal weight of 145 by November 27th. My wedding anniversary. Even though I did not make it I am still proud of myself. Happy Holidays!!!:heart:
  • HannahMcGeeJL
    Options
    I've lost a little over 30 pounds this year! My goal is 40.I gained 40 when I was pregnant with my son and I want to be the weight I was when I got married again!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Since June/July I have lost 30 pounds. I have another 30 to go, however!!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Well, I had my second baby (in 2 years) in April. I was up to about 210 the day he was born, having gained about 25 pounds during pregnancy. I'm now down to 175.5 pounds, just 5.5 away from my pre-children weight! So, I've lost 34.5 pounds this year! My goal has been to lose at least 25 pounds from where I was when I started here (185 pounds) by next April when I hope to be getting pregnant again. I've lost 9.5 pounds of that goal, so I'm well on my way! And losing the rest, or more, shouldn't be too difficult.
  • Amarea
    Amarea Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've lost my mind. Weight wise? 21 pounds, had hoped for more, but I'm content simply being on the right path and staying there. Here's to a successful new year!
  • gold27701
    gold27701 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I lost a total of 30 lbs this year, started to really diet and exercise of Spring. Still losing weigh, trying to reach my goal weight of 176 still have 9 lbs to go. Hopefully I can reach my goal by February. I really love this site, it helps me with the diet, and everyone on the forums are really great.
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I lost all my weight this year as I just started coming to this website about 7 months ago.. so I lost about 54 lbs... my goal? I never really had a goal, but loosing 60 lbs total would be awesome, but I will be settle for 55 lbs.
  • pamp1emousse
    pamp1emousse Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I started in September with the goal of losing 14lbs in 2 months. HA, haven't even come close. I'm 3 months in and 9lbs down, but whilst in the past I would have probably crash dieted my way down, I've learnt all about keeping lean muscle mass, strength training, body fat etc etc. So I'm happy to stick around as long as it takes.
  • mekhala
    mekhala Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    13lbs....... but i am ok with that!! if it stays off!!!

I have pepped things up a bit now though.. i am going to a class and i have things planned for 2011 - including finnishing my degree and starting my career path. Here is to a fab and slimming year!!!! x x