Question about water weight

Options
CassieR6
CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
Ok, now before I get a lot of negative comments this is not so I can loose weight quick or not the right way I plan on sticking to a healthy diet and exercise to lose the weight I want to. I am asking this simply because I am getting married Friday and if I could loose some of my bloat/water weight in the next two days would be awesome if not no biggie. So my question is: is there a way or some tips you may have to help me loose a little of it by Friday? Not going to do anything crazy like not eat just curious if there is a way to drop some water weight is all. Again please no negative comments I am not looking for a "get skinny quick" program here. Thank you all in adavance! :flowerforyou: :happy:

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I've found what low carbing for a couple days (albeit hell for me though) usually gets rid of water weight quickly.
  • idontcarroll
    idontcarroll Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Lose*

You can go to any grocery story or pharmacy and get some water weight pills that help you flush out the water.

IMO you should of thought about this a little sooner than now. If you plan on drinking at your wedding, I do not recommend you to take said pills. But you are grown and make your own decisions.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Avoid high sodium and high carb foods. Drink loads of water and tea. Go for a nice long walk (like 1.5-2 hours). These all seem to help me drop water weight.
  • fxdl2k2
    fxdl2k2 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water. It will help flush the toxins from your system that may be causing the bloating. Congratulations on your wedding! I wish you a long and happy marriage.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water. It will help flush the toxins from your system that may be causing the bloating. Congratulations on your wedding! I wish you a long and happy marriage.

In to learn more about toxins causing bloat.
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Avoid high sodium and high carb foods. Drink loads of water and tea. Go for a nice long walk (like 1.5-2 hours). These all seem to help me drop water weight.

I agree with this except for all that walking -- that much walking when you aren't use to it could possibly cause some retention. Usually if I feel bloaty, I cut back on carbs and salt. Nothing crazy or drastic, just focus more on my protein, fat, veggies/fruit rather than the carbs. An example is that at lunch instead of having a sandwich and an apple, I'll have the herb roasted turkey, cubes of cheese, a couple of different fruits/veg, some whipped cream/cool whip or dressing and maybe a few flax crackers. Still some carbs, just not as many. And I drink my water. I don't have much issue with sodium, but watching that can help, too. But usually cutting back on carbs helps with the sodium, too! Mostly because most carbs like bread have extra added. Hopefully you get some bloat/water relief and enjoy your big day!
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options

In to learn more about toxins causing bloat.
    Same here.
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I plan on doing just that! Like I said if I see no difference no biggie. I will probably just continue to drink my water and flush my system as planned and no drinking till the wedding dinner. :laugh:
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    This reminds me.....I want to hear some Wilson Pickett now.
  • serenahhhhh
    Options
    Drink lots of water and tea with lemon in it!! Also avoid sodium and maybe take a long walk. Congrats btw!!