Healthy food at TGIFridays?

Options
2»

Replies

• sarahcscott3
    sarahcscott3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Vodka tonic

This is my go to cocktail - w/ a lime twist!

^ What she said. I'll have what she's having.
  • sarahcscott3
    Options
    No worries.

Anytime I've eaten there it hasn't stayed in my system very long...if you know what I mean.:noway:

Eeeeeekkkk! Nothing like a case of the hot@ss to jump-start your diet!
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Healthy is such a subjective term...

Going by calories, there are some decent choices at TGIF. I usually like to go for a cut of meat. I think there are even some items on the menu marked "under ___ calories" or something. Or maybe that is Applebees. Anyway, I'm sure there is something you can afford in your calorie budget.

But I usually prefer to go out to eat on my higher calorie days so I don't have to worry about it as much.

On a separate note, every time I go there, I make sure to get their coffee. It's some of the best coffee I've had!
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    https://www.tgifridays.com/nutrition.pdf

Here you go - hope you have a nice meal out!

Edit - that's for the US menu, apparently they don't publish nutritional info for the UK - shame on you TGI Friday!!

Some of those facts are scary! And the sodium levels are insane on most everything. No wonder the US has such bad heart / high blood pressure issues.

Sodium always gets picked on. The topics of heart health and blood pressure are fairly complex and sodium is only one small part of the equation.

Nutrition facts can sometimes appear scary, especially at restaurants, but just make good choices and fit things in to meet your goals, and you'll be fine.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    For future reference, most chain restaurants have nutrition information readily available on their websites. :smile:
  • sarahcscott3
    Options
    For future reference, most chain restaurants have nutrition information readily available on their websites. :smile:

Thanks. I am aware, and am familiar with the ways of the interwebz. Just wanted to get people's recommendations on something that would taste GOOD and not be awful for me. I don't go to TGIF often, so wanted some recommendations.
  • carrie_lou
    Options
    I'm glad this post was out there because I am going there tonight and don't have a lot of calories to work with either so it has helped :drinker: Vodka and Tonic it is....JK