Good iPhone app for a beginner?

Options
Hello!

I am a lower-key person who has always just maintained calories & walked when I needed to diet. However, I'm now 50lbs over my 'median' weight and started at a gym that's pricey, so want to actually get in there with the working out. But, I'm really dumb when it comes to what I should be doing and don't want to overdo, just to get overwhelmed.

Do any of you have any tips on what apps are good for iPhone as far as setting up goals & showing exercises via videos maybe? Or, any good websites?

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks,
MB

Replies

• wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have been using "MAP MY WALK" altho I have not been too faithful with it, I wioll say it works well for me! I'm going to try and utilize it more often.
  • lemurwaffle
    Options
    I recommend C25K and map my run!
  • SlvrFlame
    SlvrFlame Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Youtube has a LOT of fitness videos up. You could do a search for something that interests you fitness-wise and go from there, maybe.
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    runkeeper, 5k runner is great plus the same company do other fitness apps like push ups, squats, crunches etc. :)
  • stonegirldancing42
    stonegirldancing42 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you.

Map my Walk sounds great. I'm not as interested in any running apps, as I know I'm not a runner.

Thinking more about like 'lift weights for 10min, then do this...'. It might be a 'pie in the sky' thought, but figured I'd ask.

Thanks too for the Youtube idea! Like that and will do it. Just curious about the more concise, almost personal trainer-like, program, where I could maybe input my activity level and goals.
  • michikade
    michikade Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of 7 minute workout apps (I recommend doing it 3-4 times to get in a decent workout if you do this).

There's an app called "Personal Workout" that you can customize workouts with videos with a goal in mind - dunno if it has weight training but it does have some "you are your gym" stuff on it iirc.

I use run keeper for walks as well as starting a C25K program but have used mao my walk before and liked it (I use run keeper because of its integrations into everything else I use).
  • stonegirldancing42
    Options
    Those sound great. Thanks, michikade!
  • berylw49
    berylw49 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Fitstar is a great iPhone app. Workouts are 10-15 minutes and are tailored to your fitness level (they'll get harder as you improve). It links to myfitnesspal too and logs each workout for you.
  • stonegirldancing42
    Options
    Oooo - exciting! THANKS!

(love the cat photo!)