Feeling hungry late at night/early morning

Options
2»

Replies

• icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    what about carbs?

The problem with carbs is they generally don't curb your appetite the way fat or protein will, and I say that as someone who has lost weight by eating mostly carbs, and also as someone who's currently losing weight eating more fat and protein (low carb). If you are going to eat carbs, your best bet is something with complex carbs or higher fibre, that will release energy slowly and hopefully keep you fuller for longer. Nothing shuts your appetite up like fat and protein does though, in my experience, lol :)
  • Mohana94
    Mohana94 Posts: 54
    Options
    what about carbs?

The problem with carbs is they generally don't curb your appetite the way fat or protein will, and I say that as someone who has lost weight by eating mostly carbs, and also as someone who's currently losing weight eating more fat and protein (low carb). If you are going to eat carbs, your best bet is something with complex carbs or higher fibre, that will release energy slowly and hopefully keep you fuller for longer. Nothing shuts your appetite up like fat and protein does though, in my experience, lol :)

thanks. this has been really helpful!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    what about carbs?

I think that's how it is for a lot of people, but not for me. I get much more satiety from fat/carbs. Protein leaves me hungry again almost immediately.

I only say that to say this: experiment, OP. If one style of eating doesn't seems to help then try something else.
  • Mohana94
    Mohana94 Posts: 54
    Options
    what about carbs?

I think that's how it is for a lot of people, but not for me. I get much more satiety from fat/carbs. Protein leaves me hungry again almost immediately.

I only say that to say this: experiment, OP. If one style of eating doesn't seems to help then try something else.

I will experiment with carbs, fat and protein and see which works best for me. thanks for all the suggestions again :)