My typical week to lose weight- thoughts?

Options
I was curious what others thought of what I do during the week and what my diet consists of towards my weight loss journey.

My typical week is I work Mon-Fri 530am-230pm

I drink a GNC Lean Shake at 745am (i used to get breakfast burritos from the food truck), and if I get hungry in the mid to late morning I might have a bannana, and some mixed nuts.

When I get home from work if I am hungry I will have another GNC Lean Shake (I used to make a peanut butter sandwich and whatever other snacks I could snack on that were convenient) I think the Lean Shakes have been a big part of my short term success thus far.

I work out 5 times a week Mon-Thursday (rest day Friday) since Saturday is my official weigh in day then I will work out Saturday and rest day sunday. On my rest days I do what I enjoy and usually will still go to the gym however I will just go in the Sauna and Steam room for about 30 Mins and just relax. My gym sessions are about an hour sometimes a little more and involve daily cardio and 2-3 days of weight training and I end each gym session with some time in the sauna.

My diet I have been started to food prep and a typical meal is brown rice, with grilled chicken or ground lean turkey and I will usually mix in mushrooms, onions and spinach (I love this meal, I would suggest to others to always have on hand) , I will eat eggs for dinner sometimes (scrambled on wheat tortilla). For lunch I eat a lot of chicken salads or chicken wraps on spinach wrap. and I drink as much water as I can (on my Sauna rest days I will bring a gallon in with sliced lemmon and finish as much as I can)

I would love any other tips people would may suggest. I am all ears so please let me know if you feel anything I am doing wrong or praise me where you feel im doing well and on the right track to weight loss. I am about 3 weeks in to this life style and as of last saturdays (8/16) weigh in I am 8.5 lbs lost (293.5 lbs to 285 lbs) I expect to be at 283 lbs when I weigh in this Saturday.

Replies

• mhlew
    mhlew Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Bummer no feed back :(
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    hi mhlew,
    seems you have got the bit between the teeth and are seriously going for it!
    kudos too you.
    i started 8 weeks ago ,have a similar diet/routine too you and as long as its working for you. keep going.
    feel free to add me if you want to compare notes etc.
    g luck
  • keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Sounds like its working well for you so carry on!.