Low carb people - show me your food diary

Options
2»

Replies

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    why would you want to do this? seriously...

Uh, to lose fat. durr. :laugh:

In all seriousness, i'm not a MFP newbie, i've lost a load of fat and i'm struggling at the moment.
    I'm looking for something different to try to kick my motivation up.
    Having never done a "diet" before i thought trying low carb for a short period would be worth a trial.

bump
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Struggling? with losing or staying the course with logging etc.

Logging and evening food binges.
    I've put on 14lb in the last 6 months after getting so close to where I want to be (see my ticker below).

bump part 2.
  • milocamolly
    milocamolly Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting the low carb lifestlye for medical reasons, how low do you want to go in carbs a day? I heard that for Keto it is 50g or less.

Edited: sorry I just re-read the OP, less than 30g

Here are some things I have found to have very low carbs so far...greens, veggies, eggs (I've been making deviled eggs), nuts, chicken, fish
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I like your bumps terrapin - thats the core of the problem/question.
    Iifym calories in / out just isn't cutting it at the moment.
    I need to change something to expect a different result.
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options

Are you hungry at your current calorie intake? Is that why you maybe aren't logging everything and binging?
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Feel free to check out mine, its public. 50g net carbs is as low as I've went though, below that I found I would have to cut out things I would rather keep in my diet personally :) These days I'm not so precious about keeping to the 50g, and my carb intake can vary from 50 to about 80g, and as I get closer to my goal I plan to bring my carbs back up, aiming for a moderate level of about 150g by the time I reach my target :)
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options

Are you hungry at your current calorie intake? Is that why you maybe aren't logging everything and binging?

Eating seems to fuel my hunger. I won't be too hungry beforehand, but then I'll eat dinner and then just want to keep on eating.
    Also boredom seems to be a little bit of a problem.

Like an alcoholic, the worse thing is once i start evening snacking i can't stop. I just need to get better at ignoring those urges (like i used to when i was awesome at this whole weight loss thing)